Feedback Punishment for dying?

What are your opinions on these? (You can select multiple responses)

• I agree fully with the proposed idea.

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • I agree with the installment of death bans for all deaths.

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • I agree with the installment of death bans for only PvP related deaths.

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • I disagree with the installment of death bans.

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Other (please post replies! MPs are looking forward to seeing opinions of players!)

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters

Koalition

Owner
Staff member
Owner
Koalition
Koalition
Greetings everyone.
Parliament is currently debating about what happens when a player dies and under which circumstances.

One of the more heavily debated topics are Death bans.
Players who die from PvP related reasons would be temporarily banned from joining the server for 3 minutes.
This would:
  • Allow deaths to actually have a purpose;
  • Give more meaning to players being convicted of murder;
  • Promote more realistic approaches to server events such as these.
With this, there would also be an introduced Prison system and some punishments would be appealed. Such as, players would no longer get temp banned after a certain amount of PvP offences but rather be subject to a lengthier prison sentence.

Bangladesh150

Citizen
Donator
1. "Players who die from PvP related reasons would be temporarily banned from joining the server for 3 minutes."
This brings up the topic of self defense. A player can appeal saying that they were attacked and were protecting themself.

2. "Such as, players would no longer get temp banned after a certain amount of PvP offences but rather be subject to a lengthier prison sentence." How long will these 'lengthier prison sentences' be?

Koalition

Owner
Staff member
Owner
Koalition
Koalition
1. "Players who die from PvP related reasons would be temporarily banned from joining the server for 3 minutes."
This brings up the topic of self defense. A player can appeal saying that they were attacked and were protecting themself.
Regardless of the implementation of this new system or us deciding to keep the old one, there was always a question about self defense. Now with a Court house, there could be lengthier law suits, witnesseses being called in, etc.

2. "Such as, players would no longer get temp banned after a certain amount of PvP offences but rather be subject to a lengthier prison sentence." How long will these 'lengthier prison sentences' be?
Up to the Parliament but I'd say around 1 hour+.

Libnah

ଘ(੭ˊᵕˋ)੭* ੈ✩‧₊˚
Donator
How will staff members and police officers do their job if we get killed in the process? For instance, a staff member gets killed while trying to help a player with a ticket. Or a police officer trying to help a victim in a PvP case and police officer’s get killed in the process. Staff members and police officers will not be able to see chat logs while temp banned. We can not rely on other people to gather evidence for us while we are temp banned and unable to see anything.

Vroomba

Citizen
Donator
Vroomba
Vroomba
Tier2
Dying and re-spawning is one of the functions Minecraft comes with. There's no arguing to that. But regardless, I consent to PvP on a regular basis and it wouldn't be fun if I get banned for every time I kill Riley. I already get fined 5 krunas, but we do it for fun because we're in minecraft. It's a video game. My thoughts are no on this idea, however I would still be interested in implementing the "Jail Evasion" motion I proposed my last term of parliament which was rejected due to the plugin not being up to date, in accordance to if a Prison System is proposed in Parliament.

I believe plugins don't need to be up to date to a version of minecraft in order to work. They're still compatible (right here I'm making a 100% full assumption).