PinkSpiral's Election Post (December 2017)

PinkSpiral

ex Mod + DoE Minister
Donator
Your Username:
PinkSpiral

Your Age:

Your Activity on the Server:
I am an active player on the server. I usually get home, check discord and then log onto the server.

When you Joined:
I joined as one of the first beta testers for the server on 31st October 2016

Why do you think you are suited to be a Member of Parliament:
I strongly believe that I would make a great contribution to the server by becoming a member of parliament. I want to make the server an even better place. I have done this in the past by being a Doctor, helping many players, and more recently as a Property Inspector, ensuring that apartments were fairly priced and making sure apartments were clean, ready for new players to settle in.

Additionally, I am a very confident and outgoing person, who isn't afraid to share my opinion. However, saying that I will share my opinion isn't enough... I want to represent everyone's views, not just my own, otherwise, what would be the point of me being elected?

What kind of laws would you vote for/against:
Laws I would vote for:
> Animal Rights
> Laws which make the server better for the community (e.g: New jobs, easier transport, etc)
> Laws that improve gameplay (eg: New plugins)

Laws I would vote against:
> Laws which make the server unfair
> Laws which make it harder to play realistically

Additional information you believe people should know:
I am a a player who is just like everyone else, I don't own a lot of money, or any big properties, this allows me to see the city as many others see it, and as an Member of Parliament, I hope to stay this way, allowing me to make decisions which will benefit everyone!

Also, please feel free to comment any questions you may have, I would like to hear what you have to say :)

SlimeEmperor

Mayor of Covington
Donator
> Animal Rights
Animal Rights? Okay, firstly, I wouldn't ever vote aye on a motion that was reserving the right of the in-game animal to live, which is "Animal Rights". However, it's a good idea to reserve the right of an owner (an actual person) to protect their animal. This does not mean they should be able to go throwing their dog anywhere they want and leave it there for who knows how long and not receive any punishment but it means they should be entitled to the right to keep their animals and losing the animal is not the proper punishment. So I do not agree with "Animal Rights", I agree with pet owner rights.
> Laws which make the server better for the community (e.g: New jobs, easier transport, etc)
This is a very cliché statement across everything from mod applications to Government job applications and is seen in so many election posts and applications that it doesn't really have meaning because A) What makes the server better or worse is up to personal opinion, you can't simply "make the server better", you need to have examples of what you believe would make the server better.
> Laws that improve gameplay (eg: New plugins)
This is almost the same as the last thing. What new plugins, precisely? Which plugins are beneficial to the server or not is, again, up to personal opinion.
> Laws which make it harder to play realistically
Who would be for an inequality law, honestly? And could you elaborate on the second point, I'd like to know what "play realistically" exactly means.
I am a a player who is just like everyone else, I don't own a lot of money, or any big properties, this allows me to see the city as many others see it, and as an Member of Parliament, I hope to stay this way, allowing me to make decisions which will benefit everyone!
Ultimately, the wealth and property of a player does not decide whether they would be good for MP, or any job, so I don't see what you're trying to say. Rich people are not against poor people, and none of them try to benefit from the poor or disadvantage the poor.

I do like you as a person, I just don't think you have your views completely sorted out. I think I will probably be voting for you.

ChrisClassics

That One Dude
Donator
I want to make the server an even better place.
How do you plan to do this?

I want to represent everyone's views
What is your plan for knowing/collecting everyone's views/opinions? And who is included in everyone?

What do you define as unfair?

I don't own a lot of money
What minimum value do you believe would fall under the category of 'a lot of money'?