• I sign the petition.

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • I do not sign the petition.

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters

Vujix

Citizen
Dear fellow BCians,

Since the lawyer job got introduced, you can only sue if you have the job. However, this does not seem fair not simulate real life. Many people in real life sue, however the majority are not lawyers. I call for:

• Only Lawyers can be HIRED to defend or prosecute someone.
  • It is not required to be a lawyer to sue.

Reactions: Kat

Zzz_King

Citizen
Donator
Lol Parliament was looking into this, and we decided it was best to wait how things turn out after lawyer turns into a qualification. Also i don't think a petition is meant for this sort of thing.

Vujix

Citizen
Lol Parliament was looking into this, and we decided it was best to wait how things turn out after lawyer turns into a qualification. Also i don't think a petition is meant for this sort of thing.
Petitions are made to change anything, including what parliament says. I realize that lawyer is becoming a qualification, but thats not really relevant.

Zzz_King

Citizen
Donator
Petitions are made to change anything, including what parliament says. I realize that lawyer is becoming a qualification, but thats not really relevant.
The petition guide says its for bills that have yet to be implemented. The court representation edit was introduced a while ago, so according to the guide that can't be changed through a petition. And also lawyer becoming a qualification is really relevant. Anybody would be able to become a lawyer while having an exam job, which would make it easier in terms of having to be a lawyer to launch a lawsuit.

Last edited:

Vujix

Citizen
The petition guide says its for bills that have yet to be implemented. The court representation edit was introduced a while ago, so according to the guide that can't be changed through a petition. And also lawyer becoming a qualification is really relevant. Anybody would be able to become a lawyer while having an exam job, which would make it easier in terms of having to be a lawyer to launch a lawsuit.
In real life, you don't need to be a lawyer to sue. Also, if you are to look at other petitions, not all of them are bills.

Zzz_King

Citizen
Donator
In real life, you don't need to be a lawyer to sue. Also, if you are to look at other petitions, not all of them are bills.
Most of them are either bills, or removal of MP's. I'm not saying I specifically disagree with this idea but, according to the facts I'm just saying it's not something you can do with a petition. Saying that other petitions are not bills isn't really a strong argument, because if you look at it those petitions didn't even pass. I looked at the handful petitions that weren't for bills or removal of MP and none of them passed anyways.

Last edited:

Kat

flower girl
Donator
I’m just gonna say that this may not be able to be a legit petition but there is no saying they can’t post this kind of petition, it’s good to see public opinion on this and start a discussion that could potentially lead to change in the future.

Zzz_King

Citizen
Donator
I’m just gonna say that this may not be able to be a legit petition but there is no saying they can’t post this kind of petition, it’s good to see public opinion on this and start a discussion that could potentially lead to change in the future.
Yea sorry, I didn't mean to imply that.

Matthew100x

Citizen
Lawyer
Donator
Matthew100x
Matthew100x
Lawyer
Well, you can. According to a quick google search you do not need any qualifications to file a lawsuit.

Depends on where you live. Most Courts won't let you do much if you're not a licensed attorney. You won't be allowed to argue beyond the bar either. Self-Advocacy in IRL is generally frowned upon even if you're a lawyer and you know what you're doing.