Petition Against Train and bus transportation (Renewal) Bill

Vroomba

Citizen
Donator
Vroomba
Vroomba
Tier2
Link to Bill: https://mcbusinesscraft.com/forum/threads/train-and-bus-transportation-renewal.3548/

I am petitioning to Veto the bill above.

Username: Vroomba
Title of bill: Train and bus transportation (Renewal)
Why you are against this bill:
First off, I somewhat-agree with one part of this bill and that is Buses. However, I disagree with the Trains part and that is why I am petitioning this bill.

This bill is literally contradicting itself. The explanation to the bill starts with a statement that says "warps are phasing out". In the closing paragraph (second paragraph), the text starts with the following sentence "then [the player] will be teleported to a train car or a bus for about 30-60 seconds depending on which stop they pick". This bill is inciting that there is a lack of transportation and that warps are unrealistic. Unfortunately, as a solution to this issue, it implies adding more warps underneath a different name and add a similar action to the plane simulation. Basically, this bill wants us to add warps that are paid (like the ones we have now), except instead of calling it 'warps', we will call them 'Buses & Trains' as they will involve a train/bus contraption for the player to wait while they are teleported to their final destination.

- This is where my opinion on this bill begins to diverge. I did some research on some plugins and was unable to find a bus plugin that would serve the same purpose, that is why I agree with the bus solution for travel within cities, even though if it is just adding another warp because there is no other solution that sounds realistic.

- On the other side of the argument, or the train part, I researched that separately and found a very effective plugin for Trains that is much more realistic and can add both inter and intracity transport across the server.
This plugin is called "TrainCarts". It is very useful and comes with a ton of additions that are possible, such as controlling the speed of trains (hint hint: train driver job for the future when we have enough players), having activator regions, real live train arrival time signs and so much more. "TrainCarts" features the ability to make real trains with a series of connected Minecarts that travel as one unit or train. Furthermore, This plugin would allow us to have both intracity transportation (underground subways), AND intercity travel (transit system above the ground on bridge structures) so players can travel around faster between major cities and towns. We could start our very own transit system!! Something the DoC can be proud of.

These "TrainsCarts" trains are much faster than vehicles and would promote so much faster travel. Furthermore, these trains simulate pulling into a station, slowing down, and opening subway doors on the station. There are many other features I could share and would love to if you contact me or ask below.

This is why I originally disagreed with the original 'Train warp thing'. We have such a better solution at hand that would not only possibly give us a new job in the future, but I believe it could render the server to be a much more interesting playing and realistic environment. This can also give a new job for the DoC to work on, and they will not be always so stressed with building highways. With this plugin, we can more realistically charge players to use the subway with 'tickets'. The subway/transit system for Trains would be provided by the government.

YES: THIS WOULD REQUIRE WORK FOR EVERYONE. And probably most of all, the server administration.
But this is one of those steps we can take to acquiring more players, and having a better server.
This addition should not rely on the server administration solely, it should remain on the community also. Players should be able to help with this addition by supporting the DoC by doing a multitude of things, such as holding station subway building contests, and other things. I am sure some players would agree to help in order to have this amazing addition to our server. If there's anything I can do personally, I would want to help to make this come true.

What you wish to accomplish with this:
I wish to accomplish the fact that we will have a big transit for inter and intracity travel for all to use on the server. I wish to accomplish a transit system for the server. I wish to accomplish a faster method of travel for everyone, that is cheap and easy to use instead of just adding more warps and calling it a day.

Citizens, please do consider petitioning against this bill. We can either take the cheap way of doing this, or we can take a much more complicated and better version of this bill. I believe that with everyone's overwhelming support, we can do anything together. Now, it's your turn to make that choice. You decide.

Vroomba.

Bangladesh150

Citizen
Donator
I agreed that I would look at the plugin and make another motion to say instead of warping we would use the train carts plugin.

I'm glad that you are interested in petitioning, however, I don't understand why you would say to petition a bill you partly agree with. Instead, I'm glad you DMd me saying that the plugin exists. But instead you contradict yourself in that you say
I agree with the bus solution for travel within cities, even though if it is just adding another warp because there is no other solution that sounds realistic.

But yet you say
Citizens, please do consider petitioning against this bill.

Again, thank you for petitioning, but you could have just asked me to create a motion editing it.

Respectfully, Bangladesh

Vroomba

Citizen
Donator
Vroomba
Vroomba
Tier2
I SOMEWHAT agree with half of this bill, and disagree with the other half. Therefore, I do not agree with the entirety of the bill as it contains something I do not agree with, however, I still do somewhat-agree with the buses part.
The somewhat-agree is explained in detail above.

This statement of mine means I do not want this bill (the original renewal bill) to be implemented as it carries a part I do not agree with, which greatly deserves to be revised (the train section).

If you look closely, it says I agree with the bus part. That is what I agree with. I, however, disagree with the Train section of your bill. Furthermore, in response, if a bill is accepted it is either vetoed or accepted by the prime minister, and then implemented if accepted. Therefore, you may create an edit motion, but the bill will have to be implemented either way which will just create more work for all of us, UNLESS it is first vetoed by the prime minister. I am unsure what the Prime Minister thinks of the accepted bill, therefore I cannot take any risks and assume he also disagrees with the motion in which case it will automatically revised.

Hence, I have decided to create this petition in order to stop this bill from going any further so we can fix it and work on it together.
First off, I somewhat-agree with one part of this bill and that is Buses. However, I disagree with the Trains part and that is why I am petitioning this bill.

Do not get me wrong here. I believe this entire bill is flawed because all we are doing here is adding more warps. However, there's no other option for buses, so I agree with the buses part as it's the only solution for this method of transportation. That is why I state that I somewhat-agree, however not in total full agreement with the buses due to the facts above. In fact, I would be very much happier if we did not have buses because they will be controlled by the government and are basically just more warps.

Although, for trains, there IS another solution, so I disagree that we opt out and take the cheap way when we could have something that could possibly promote a new job and many other things.

Please read my post above again as I explain all this in thorough details, also the details on my opposing views.

Last edited: