PeachLemon_'s Election Post | September 2021

PeachLemon_

Los Angeles Enjoyer
Donator
PeachLemon_
PeachLemon_
Tier2
Introduction

Hello! My name is PeachLemon_. I have been playing BC for 8 months now, and I am ready to run as a Member of Parliament.

First, a little bit about myself. I have worked as a Community Coordinator for 2 months, and as a Police Officer for 2 months also.
I have worked in the past as a Tour Guide, Landscaper, and Doctor.

My Goals as a MP

My Goals as a Member of Parliament:
-Decentralization of Capital
-Passing Laws to Reduce Minister Workload
-Creation of New Jobs
-Expanding Transportation Abilities
-Reducing Crime Rates and Violence

My Most Important Goal

A problem I have witnessed firsthand, is players not being able to access information about locations and how to climb the ladder of business. I will try to the farthest of my abilities to put in place new guides, commands, etc. to help new players to the server feel like they can succeed. (I'm not saying that the current things that are in place are terrible, but that I can expand on them.)

So now I ask for YOU to vote for me in the 24th Parliamentary Election!

Discord: Peachlemon # 9 5 5 9 for questions
Also contact if you can make a cool propaganda poster ._.

Creepsteve05

Member Of Parliament
Banned
Donator
-Decentralization of Capital
it has been widely agreed upon that complete decentralization isn’t a good idea, and there are current plans for it already.

-Passing Laws to Reduce Minister Workload
Like what? Ministers have deputies, and many department members.

-Creation of New Jobs
If you’re talking about University jobs, that’s the DoE’s jurisdiction. If you’re talking about economic jobs, how do you plan to do that?

-Expanding Transportation Abilities
This is essentially the DoC’s jurisdiction. Also what exact idea did you have in mind? Transport is already fast and cheap.

-Reducing Crime Rates and Violence
What do you mean by this? There isn’t much crime to begin with, and almost all PM candidates have proposed adding crime to gameplay

PeachLemon_

Los Angeles Enjoyer
Donator
PeachLemon_
PeachLemon_
Tier2
This is essentially the DoC’s jurisdiction. Also what exact idea did you have in mind? Transport is already fast and cheap.
I will work with the ministers to maybe create commands for teleportation to other cities and towns, and try to maximize accessibility to get to busses, the airport, etc.

PeachLemon_

Los Angeles Enjoyer
Donator
PeachLemon_
PeachLemon_
Tier2
it has been widely agreed upon that complete decentralization isn’t a good idea, and there are current plans for it already.
If we don't decentralize the capital, why would we even have other towns if no one goes to them? I think if we start implementing laws and other things that the Capital already has, we can try and make towns and cities more appealing to new players. For example, making billboards for towns in capital. Or making ads in chat showcasing the other towns features etc. I do understand why people think decentralization is over, but I still think theres a chance. :)

Creepsteve05

Member Of Parliament
Banned
Donator
I will work with the ministers to maybe create commands for teleportation to other cities and towns, and try to maximize accessibility to get to busses, the airport, etc.
Working with ministers to create commands is... an admin's job? If Ministers wanted commands they could request it themselves. Again transport is DoC related.

kailabeann

Citizen
Donator
Hi Peach! I have some questions about your campaign.

1. You mention your most important goal is to address "players not being able to access information about locations and how to climb the ladder of business." As this falls under the DoE's jurisdiction, can you explain to me in more detail first what information about locations means, and second what changes exactly you'll be asking of my department? "Guides and commands" is very vague.

2. How exactly do you plan to address decentralization as an MP? You mentioned above to Creepsteve "implementing laws and other things Capital already has." Can you give specifics about what you're referring to? Cities already have their own universities, and every settlement has clinics, banks, and quarries. You also mentioned billboards or in-game ads for settlements in Capital. Are you aware any Mayor can apply for a billboard of their town at any time (assuming the mapart plugin is working) and post their own ads in-game? Are you suggesting government-sponsored advertising on behalf of settlements?

3. How will you enforce a reduction of Minister workload with legislation? Wouldn't preventing Ministers from doing their jobs be counterproductive to Sratham's progress?

4. What new jobs, specifically, do you want to create and why?

5. Can you point to the statistics you're using to measure crime rates and violence and what your target benchmark would be? How exactly do you plan to reduce crime and violence? How do you respond to almost all other government officials advocating for an increase in crime roleplay opportunities?