Vetoed Parliamentary Recesses

Discussion in 'Parliament' started by DoctorThunder7, Nov 30, 2019.

?

How do you vote?

Poll closed Dec 3, 2019.
  1. Aye

85.7%
  2. Nay

14.3%
  1. DoctorThunder7

DoctorThunder7 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Minister of Business Development Member of Parliament Constructor Donator

DoctorThunder7
    - Title: Parliamentary Recesses
    - Type: Creation
    - Reasoning: Due to the last election's low turn out for candidates and the upcoming holidays, I feel that having Parliament taking 2 one month breaks would be best. It will allow players not to focus on making bills, making sure to vote, and debating when they are too busy with IRL things. I would also like to point out that many governments in the real world take breaks.
    - Bill: December and July Parliamentary races will be replaced with 2 one month recesses. So from December 16 - January 16 and July 16 thru August 16 We will hold parliamentary elections like normal for elections which start on the 8th of the following month

Kat and olefante like this.
  2. stinkycow

stinkycow Member of Parliament Member of Parliament

stinkycow
    Clicked wrong one I vote aye

3. Kat

Kat Madam Deputy Staff Member Senior Administrator Prime Minister Minister of Agriculture Event Planner Mayor Donator

katt_tail
    Due to this bill not covering what would happen during cases where parliament is needed, for example, approving ministers, or adding/removing/editing laws in a situation where they need to be added/removed/edited, this bill will be vetoed.

Kbooth1102 and Dustoxic like this.