MrSpill

your local wawa Moderator boy
Lawyer
Donator
MrSpill
MrSpill
Lawyer
bH1sgnR.png

Hello players of Businesscraft, I am MrSpill! This post is my formal announcement of my run for Member of Parliament. My currently playtime as of today is 9 days and 20 hours. I joined the server 2 months ago, and I am 17 years old. In these two months, I have been a tour guide, became a Community Coordinator and Property Inspector, and have made great friends and met several amazing people. It is a great privilege for me to be able to run this cycle!

If I were to be elected as an MP, everything I vote on or create would be in the best interest of the people. In my application for Community Coordinator, I emphasized that being present and communicating with the people you work for is important. I also included that I would be able to act on the interest of the player by listening to ideas, generalizing the most prominent feedback into one main idea, and then bringing the idea into fruition. In this case, it wouldn't be creating or voting on laws that don't just benefit the wealthy or those created without the player in mind, it would be me working directly for you.

Currently a hot topic is the Wild Executive Order. I believe that with this, we should take the advice of the people that work with the wild, the Environment Managers, and also listen to the general player base, and then consolidate ideas and come up with a revision that the majority of people agree with. Completely removing the executive order would make the EM's jobs a lot harder, but keeping it would make a lot of the player base unhappy. I believe that finding a fair resolution for both sides would be the most beneficial to everybody. Another priority of mine would be making it easier for the players with specialized fields to produce more income, for example, I would propose that the grinding penalty for hunters be reduced, if not completely abolished.

I also am passionate about player retention, as an MP, I would be in a better position to introduce fun changes to BusinessCraft that would help increase the interest in new players joining, and give regular players new things to engage in. For example, I would propose that we implement guns into BC. This would give a new form of defense for players, a source of income for gun dealers and makers, and an interesting set of new laws for PO's to enforce if players use it illegally.

Thank you BC for reading my post!
I hope that you choose me to spill the tea for BC!

Last edited:

Dopper

Citizen
Banned
Donator
Interesting.
What are you're plans for bills other than EO #14/Wild changes.
Ooh and it's worth noting that gun's (the addition of) are server-suggestion related, not up to the parliament nor the government.

MrSpill

Lawyer
Donator
MrSpill
MrSpill
Lawyer
Interesting.
What are you're plans for bills other than EO #14/Wild changes.
Ooh and it's worth noting that gun's (the addition of) are server-suggestion related, not up to the parliament nor the government.
Thanks for your response Dopper, but I didn’t mention EO14 in my post. I believe you’re referring to EO12.

Other than that topic that I included because it was a trending issue, I agree it’s not up to parliament to add guns. But it is something players want added and in the event it is added, it would be up to parliament to create laws regulating them.

Besides the wild, I would like to pass laws improving and clarifying all the duties and responsibilities of all the departments. Recently there has been issues relating to what jurisdiction departments have, for instance, the DOA not owning the animal shelter even though it is a big part of their job.

Dopper

Citizen
Banned
Donator
Thanks for your response Dopper, but I didn’t mention EO14 in my post. I believe you’re referring to EO12.

Other than that topic that I included because it was a trending issue, I agree it’s not up to parliament to add guns. But it is something players want added and in the event it is added, it would be up to parliament to create laws regulating them.

Besides the wild, I would like to pass laws improving and clarifying all the duties and responsibilities of all the departments. Recently there has been issues relating to what jurisdiction departments have, for instance, the DOA not owning the animal shelter even though it is a big part of their job.

Alrighty, cool.

iRealistic

For Real?
Donator
Hello Candidate. I'm here to ask questions regarding your campaign.

Do you have any bills that in the past parliament has produced, that you might not agree with? If so, what plans do you have with that said piece of legislation?

If you wouldn't mind sharing your ideas of how youre approaching player retention, id love to see it. Speaking of these ideas, are you willing to also constantly propose any ideas you have to the cabinet/parliament chat in order to get some dialogue, clarification, or even work accomplished while you represent the people?

Lastly, how would you hold Ministers accountable? I understand that they aren't elected by the people, but by the Prime Minister, with that being said, how would you make sure that they are being kept accountable without threatening to take power or even remove ministers from cabinet?

Thank You in advance for answering my questions if you choose to do so. I wish you luck on your campaign.

MrSpill

Lawyer
Donator
MrSpill
MrSpill
Lawyer
Hello Candidate. I'm here to ask questions regarding your campaign.

Do you have any bills that in the past parliament has produced, that you might not agree with? If so, what plans do you have with that said piece of legislation?

If you wouldn't mind sharing your ideas of how youre approaching player retention, id love to see it. Speaking of these ideas, are you willing to also constantly propose any ideas you have to the cabinet/parliament chat in order to get some dialogue, clarification, or even work accomplished while you represent the people?

Lastly, how would you hold Ministers accountable? I understand that they aren't elected by the people, but by the Prime Minister, with that being said, how would you make sure that they are being kept accountable without threatening to take power or even remove ministers from cabinet?

Thank You in advance for answering my questions if you choose to do so. I wish you luck on your campaign.

Thanks for your reply iRealistic! Sorry for the late response, I have been working the past few days.

For Parliament bills I disagree with, I main one I disagree with is the Drug Probation Bill. Specifically, the banning of the sale of Lumas Root. Lamas Root has beneficial properties, and I believe that it should be allowed to sell. I would propose to make an amendment to the bill allowing for the sale of Lumas Root again, and I think many players would support this. I would be open to ideas of regulating that sale or limiting it to certain shops, but regardless it should be sold.

For player retention, I was looking to utilize the parliament's ability to create RP laws, specifically laws that would bring a fun new twist to BC. For any ideas that I have, I am always open to critiques and new additions to the idea. That leads me into your next question. I much prefer working as a team rather than an individual. I believe having many minds working together benefits everybody in the long run, and I would be completely willing to listen to others thoughts, as well as offer my own.

On your last point of holding Ministers accountable, rather than threatening to remove them from their posts or even have any punishments at all, I believe that we should offer incentives for completing their tasks, like plots for their departments or grants, for example. In addition, I believe we should assign a person to help Ministers complete tasks in a timely manner, like a secretary or assistant minister.

Thank you for your questions, time, and consideration! Spill the tea for BC!