Department of Public Affairs
Donator
Lunel
Lunel
SeniorCommunityCoordinator
Minecraft Username: Lunel
Playtime: 7d 22h
Discord Username: NickySan#0081

Describe your experience with Stratham's economy and business sectors.
Naturally, we spend a vast amount of our time as consumers, which, whether we realize it or not, teaches us some business practices. I’ve implemented what I’ve learned in my own shop selling mined goods. These practices include things like undercutting competitors in order to drive traffic to my shops (within a range that is still feasible and turning a profit). Additionally, monitoring foot traffic and picking an area that is popular amongst citizens greatly helps in the success of the store. This time spent as a spectator/participator of the economy makes me feel prepared for this position.

What new ideas can you bring to the department?
My focus would be on improving the existing job guides and perhaps introducing new job opportunities that are not only new-player friendly, but also beneficial for existing business.

Why do you want to work for the DoE?
When I first began playing on this server, I struggled to understand how to make any significant progress. I was too afraid of things like starting my own business because I felt that I lacked the proper knowledge in order to make it profitable, which led me to quit in 2019. Now, I’ve picked it back up and have learned to make use of the countless resources available to succeed (like guides and economic initiatives). I’ve also come to the realization that these resources have vastly improved since then, and would like to be a part of their continued improvement to help those in a similar position I was in back when I first started.

Additional Information:
Now that I’ve finished with classes, I have lots of free time and feel ready to take extra responsibilities within the server.
Thank you for your time, and hope to hear back from you soon!

Unity

Citizen
Banned
Lawyer
UnityMaster
UnityMaster
Lawyer

Accepted

Congratulations, Lunel! Your application for Economy Secretary has been accepted.

Welcome to the Department of Economy!