• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Neil

Citizen
Donator
- Username: NeilBuilder

- Suggestion Title
: Lower Unrenting Payback

- Elaborate (Why do you think it should be added, how will it improve the server, etc.)
: In the real world when you rent an apartment, shop, etc you sign a lease for a said amount of time. You are unable to refund the money you spent to rent or even get a fraction of that back, you are locked into the lease. I think that on Businesscraft we should lower the unrenting payback from 90% to 50%. This is a balance between the real world and also giving renters a chance to get some money back if they unrent.

- Does this require the installation of a new plugin (Yes/No)
: No

- If you answered Yes on the previous question, please link the plugin (Leave blank if you answered No)
:

- Additional Information
: This will also apply for plots being sold back to the gov.

TBIWOG

Citizen
Banned
TJUN123
TJUN123
EventPlanner
When i owned a mall i had so many players exploit and un-rent last mins and when we evict we don't want to give them 90% back! I 100% agree.

TBIWOG Agrees!

ShadowLink17

Citizen
Lawyer
Donator
ShadowLink17
ShadowLink17
Lawyer
When i owned a mall i had so many players exploit and un-rent last mins and when we evict we don't want to give them 90% back! I 100% agree.

TBIWOG Agrees!
You don't give em 90 percent of what they get originally rented it for. They get 90 percent in accordance to the time left.

Jan K.

Citizen
As much as I agree with ShadowLink17's remark, since it is true that if someone has only a couple of hours left, they get back 90% of that time, I think lowering the payback is still a good idea. Like Neil said, in real life you sign a lease or contract for a set amount of time, and since this server prides itself on roleplay, I think this would be a good improvement.

Neil

Citizen
Donator
I like this idea, but there’s one thing I’m curious about. Would this change sell back prices (when you buy plot from government, and then sell back, you get 90% of the money back)?

Yes, it would. This would also make the server more realistic because in the real world you can't just sell a plot back to who you bought it from and get 90% back guaranteed.

Neil

Citizen
Donator
As a city owner I also agree with this change. On larger plots you can lose a bunch of money from resells. I think lowering the percentage would encourage people to sell the plot to other players instead of selling back to the city.

Agreed, could also help government run cities like Capitol and West RIdge.

Matt

The Big Cheese
Staff member
Helper
Donator
Matty707
Matty707
tier5
So, imagine owning a huge piece of wild land, and suddenly you don't want that land anymore... Go to resell it for 90% value back, opp! now it's 50%! Oh my... time to rant on social media... :p

CrackedAmoeba

Citizen
Banned
This would be a good idea for rentable plots. But I think it should be even lower or just no money back at all. if you rent a shop you should have 24 hours to un-rent for 90% back. After that 24 hours you should NOT get anything back at all.

Neil

Citizen
Donator
This would be a good idea for rentable plots. But I think it should be even lower or just no money back at all. if you rent a shop you should have 24 hours to un-rent for 90% back. After that 24 hours you should NOT get anything back at all.

I agree with that, however, I don't know if that would be possible for the server staff to implement. Depends on how the plugin works.

Neil

Citizen
Donator
So, imagine owning a huge piece of wild land, and suddenly you don't want that land anymore... Go to resell it for 90% value back, opp! now it's 50%! Oh my... time to rant on social media... :p

While it may suck from that perspective, in the real world you can't just sell a piece of land back to the person/company/government you bought it from and get 90% of the money you spent back. Lowering the payback will incentivize people to sell to other players and also make companies think more before they decide where to build a company building.

CrackedAmoeba

Citizen
Banned
While it may suck from that perspective, in the real world you can't just sell a piece of land back to the person/company/government you bought it from and get 90% of the money you spent back. Lowering the payback will incentivize people to sell to other players and also make companies think more before they decide where to build a company building.
that's actually a really good point I didn't think about. Force players to sell to other players and maybe a thread would have to be made to apply for a gov buy back of a property where a gov official and the plot owner can negotiate prices based on plot demand. similar to irl