LobsterRoast - Candidate for Prime Minister (September 2021)

LobsterRoast

Actually the best
Lawyer
Donator
LobsterRoast
LobsterRoast
Lawyer

I, LobsterRoast, along with my running mate, __Cookiez, am hereby officially declaring my candidacy for the August, 2021 Stratham Prime Ministerial Election.

I have decided to run because I feel that serving as Prime Minister would be a suitable final endeavour for my career here in Stratham. Since I joined here in 2017, I’ve seen and done so many things, met so many people, and made so many new friends. I’ve worked as a Doctor, Hospital Secretary, Community Coordinator, Environment Manager, Member of Parliament, Moderator and Minister of Health and I see this as my logical final leap before the conclusion of my time here on BC. As many people know, I plan on leaving the server after this term. Lets make it count.

Above all else, I pledge to use this position to serve the people and transform BusinessCraft into the server that I and so many other players dreamt of it becoming. BusinessCraft is a place that I hold very dearly and I don’t take running for Prime Minister lightly. It’s the people who would be the ones to elect me to this office and thus it is the people who I shall serve. Of course I wish the best for any other candidates as well.

As Prime Minister, I hope to achieve:

• Reconnect cabinet and parliament
    • Cabinet and Parliament have felt disconnected and separated for too long now. Meetings are inconsistent and scarce. I hope to fix this and unite our government through consistent and frequent communication between all branches of government. I am not oblivious to the fact that the legislative branch has many bright minds and through this reconciliation I believe we can utilize cooperation to bolster efficiency within my administration.
  • Maintain International Relations
    • Thus far, international relations with Redmont have gone spectacularly. That being said, not very long ago, Stratham and Redmont had a very difficult relationship filled with hatred and the situation is still rather delicate. As one of the original main advocates for the positive relations between nations, I will not tolerate anything that could jeopardize relations. Though some may say this is the responsibility of the ambassador, I feel the ambassador is only a mediator and if the relationship were to fall apart, it would ultimately be a fault of my own. We look forward to further cooperation and events between both of our wonderful nations!
  • Low Tolerance for Procrastination
    • Through the well over a year that I’ve worked in the DoH, I have never tolerated unnecessary procrastination in any form. When something needs to get done, I do it. No “I’ll get around to it later” necessary. I hope to bring these values into the mainstream and get things done in a reasonable time frame while not rushing things too fast as to overlook crucial details. The server is still losing players and it's mandatory that we don’t waste time.
  • Advocate for new gameplay paradigms
    • It's no secret that a large portion of the community sees logging onto BC as more of a chore than anything. Many people are burnt out and bored. Enhancing the gameplay with new features is very broad and vague, and this in particular will require much community feedback. At the end of the day it's the people who should dictate what defines their server and how it's played. As such, an effort will be made to not immediately block any attempts at gameplay reforms. A server cannot be sustained over a buying/selling economy alone.
  • DoCR Reform
    • Going into this election initially, I was planning on removing cities altogether and ultimately I still maintain those views, however as per the people’s request that won’t be prioritized and won’t be a set goal for this term. In layman's terms, yes, I will for the most part be leaving cities and towns alone. That being said, I believe the DoCR in its current state has far too little to justify its existence. I believe the only 2 options are removal of the department or an addition of responsibilities, which would most likely also incite a change in name for the department. The fine details of this plan will be ironed out during the term.
  • Strong Cabinet
    • I feel that the cabinet at the end of the day is always the Prime Minister’s greatest asset. I have already reached out to many players and had them accept my nomination to my ideal cabinet.
PM: LobsterRoast
DPM: __Cookiez
DoE: kailabeann
DoH: LobsterRoast
DoA: Kawaibab
DoJ: Cherub54321
DoPA: Gabi
DoCR: Tracefais
DoC: Luxaholic
Advisor: Info
Ambassador: Gabi
Judge: Cooleagles
Prosecutor: Info
  • Other
    • In addition to the things mentioned above, there are several more things I’d like to change. If there are 2 things I can agree with the other candidates on, those things are:
-The Judicial System is underutilized

-The transportation system is overdue for an overhaul

I too wish to solve these problems and will be consulting with my cabinet as well as the judicial branch to solve these should we be elected.​

At the end of the day, what I will advocate for is choice. I don’t believe in closing doors just to make players take a different one. Instead of closing a door, I find it more favorable to simply make that door harder to access. Some players may not agree with this sentiment, and that’s ok. I hope that many will share the sentiment with me.​

• Free cookies for all!
    • But not actually.

Thank you for reading this. If you have any questions, be sure to ask in the replies or on discord. My tag is @LobsterRoast#0511. From the bottom of my heart, whether we win or lose, I and __Cookiez would personally like to thank all of those who vote for us and support us! We look forward to election day and wish the best for all candidates!

-LobsterRoast, Minister of Health of the Republic of Stratham

-__Cookiez, Former MP in the Parliament of Stratham

Also yes my /playtime says like 17 days but it reset and would’ve been like 80 days so shut up ;-;

Jh6g8Msp1BWJK-kS9IIbH78A-xDaNKdz6CaBFuA8jsmv5FjpGWN0EpypsPf0Ox-8SVulf5T4qyPi_-sQ28_GPMopnnsXrX2Fs977OLfCKFsqyhBOn3N3eRpFbpEJJ7H5Q00G1X1Y=s0

Last edited: