Bill: Rejected Let All Farmers Claim Farming Land for a discounted rate

Should farmers be able to claim land at a discounted rate?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BigBen9999

Citizen
Title: Free Claimed Land for Farmers
Type of motion (Edit, removal, creation): Creation
Elaboration & Reasoning: All players with a farmer job will be able to claim land for their farms with a huge discount. Every farmer would only have to pay 1 kruna per block where they have already established a field or farm. This would help farmers make more money and when farmers make more money, more players will become farmers. I know lots of farmers who have used lots of money on trying to claim land for their crops. I have also heard of farmers getting their farms griefed because they were not claimed because claiming is to expensive.
What would benefit from this: Mostly farmers would benefit from this because it would give them a place to put their crops and animals, but everyone else could benefit because if we have more farmers, we will have more food. Which I know we need more food.
Other Information: In order for farmers to not claim all the land or to much of it, we should probably add a block limit to the amount of blocks claimed which I recommend 169 blocks so if they wanted to build a wall, they could have 144 blocks for crops which for example could make 48 pieces of bread a harvest. Feel Free to ask questions or tell me your comments or if this ability will be impossible below!

Last edited:

Luxaholic

Owner
Staff member
Owner
I like this idea but maybe not entirely free just a large discount, like k1 per block or something. If it was free Id probably say only region fields they have established already, not what they plan to do in the future, and then add a base price.

BigBen9999

Citizen
I like this idea but maybe not entirely free just a large discount, like k1 per block or something. If it was free Id probably say only region fields they have established already, not what they plan to do in the future, and then add a base price.
Yeah thats I great idea!

_Info_

Citizen
Donator
_Info_
_Info_
Tier4
I can see this being good but as lux said we would need to charge them at a discount. Its already hard enough to start as a farmer do this could help the economy. Good luck

Jake

Honorary Co-Founder
Honorary Co-Founder
Could easily be abused in my eyes; become a farmer, claim your discounted land, change roles. Rinse and repeat, you're practically getting free land and ripping the Government off while you're at it. Even if the intention wasn't to abuse it, there would be an overload in farmers, resulting in excess of yield, lack of players in other roles, and overall instability in the economy. I vote nay.

MariChally

Citizen
Donator
I like the idea of giving them a little help to start with but I also agree it could be easily abused and would be difficult to regulate. Also I think K1 for a region that they buy, that they can keep infinitely is too much.
A different way to do this which might prevent a lot of possible abuse would be to make starting farms somewhere, just dirt plots with streets in between that they can then rent for really cheap. Maybe 16*16 plots that they can rent for 100 a month as a farmer. That way they would have an easier start, since it is cheap and they immediately have a protected place for their farm but they would still advance in the job by saving up to buy a larger wild region to put a permanent farm on.

BigBen9999

Citizen
I like the idea of giving them a little help to start with but I also agree it could be easily abused and would be difficult to regulate. Also I think K1 for a region that they buy, that they can keep infinitely is too much.
A different way to do this which might prevent a lot of possible abuse would be to make starting farms somewhere, just dirt plots with streets in between that they can then rent for really cheap. Maybe 16*16 plots that they can rent for 100 a month as a farmer. That way they would have an easier start, since it is cheap and they immediately have a protected place for their farm but they would still advance in the job by saving up to buy a larger wild region to put a permanent farm on.
Ok Mari Thx for the idea i think that is good

BigBen9999

Citizen
Could easily be abused in my eyes; become a farmer, claim your discounted land, change roles. Rinse and repeat, you're practically getting free land and ripping the Government off while you're at it. Even if the intention wasn't to abuse it, there would be an overload in farmers, resulting in excess of yield, lack of players in other roles, and overall instability in the economy. I vote nay.
Well what about the players that just use gov jobs like tour guide for the money?

FlappyChickens

Gucci Gang Veteran
Donator
Well what about the players that just use gov jobs like tour guide for the money?

You do have a point, but this should be brought up in a different thread. Just because other jobs are abused doesn't make it right to make another chance for people to abuse their job. Therefore, I also vote nay.

xSyncx

Scamalot
Donator
I agree, most Property Inspectors have the job because it pays well and the exam is easy. Look through the forums, Chris, mg and I are among the few, if not the only people who have actually reported someone and/or requested an eviction. Many players are Property Inspectors but don't actually do their job