Lawyer
In The Distinguished Court of The Stratham Republic
CIVIL ACTION
Date: 06/22/23

HunterHo LLP, Irongolem_lawyer representing

v.

The Republic of Stratham

I. Description of Case
The Plaintiff brings forth the following causes of action and alleges the following against the Defendant:
The current Minister of Justice, Pearot, was illegally appointed to the position of MoJ. The Constitution states Ministers must be elected by the public;
(I) The Council of Ministers is composed of Ministers which all legislative and executive power is vested in.
(A) The Council consists of 7 elected members referred to as Ministers
(B) Ministers are elected to serve for 3 months and are collectively tasked with representing the people's will
The Constitution also states the proper procedure for when a vacancy occurs, which was not followed.
(III) In the event a Minister resigns from Office or is removed, and the Ministerial seat then becomes vacant, the following process is to be followed.
(A) The Deputy Minister will become the Interim Minister of the department;
(B) The State Minister will then open a Special Election Declaration post on the forums within 24 hours, where citizens can declare their intent to contest the seat, where once again the candidates will have to post their server resume as described above;
(C) After 24 hours the Department of State will close declarations and start the Election.
(E) The Election period will last 24 hours and after that time the Department of State will validate the votes and announce a winner.
(F) If the Council's term is 21 days out from the next election, the seat does not have to be filled and the Interim Minister can serve out the remainder of the term.

II. Parties
1. HunterHo LLP [Irongolem_lawyer]
2. The Republic of Stratham [Tracefais and Pearot]

III. Sequence of Events
1. The position of Minister of Justice was left vacant.
2.. Pearot was illegally appointed to the position of Minister of Justice.

IV. Claims for Relief
1. The Government has breached the Constitution by appointing a minister instead of holding an election for said ministry, as the constitution requires.

V. Damages
1. We request the removal of Pearot and elections for the Minister of Justice be held
2. We request a public apology from the government
3. Punitive damages in the amount of 1000kr
4. Legal fees in the amount of 500kr

(Attach evidence and a list of witnesses at the bottom if applicable)

In advancing this form to the court, you acknowledge and concur with the rules of court which highlight the importance of honesty at all times. Moreover, you understand the punishments for breaking these rules and/or committing perjury and deception in the court.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-06-22 at 11.43.19 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-06-22 at 11.43.19 AM.png
    312 KB · Views: 18

ColonelKai

Supreme Justice
Lawyer
Donator
Colonel_Kai
Colonel_Kai
Lawyer
Writ of Summons

Good evening.

@Pearot is hereby summoned to the Court of the Stratham Republic, and must appear in the court in the following 48 hours starting at the time of this summon's sending. If the defendant fails to adhere to the conditions of the summons hereby set, the court will move forward with a default judgement.

! I apologise for the late response(s), as I am in a hiatus. You may find more information regarding it on my profile. !

flyingzebra7

Department of Internal Development
Department of Economy
Lawyer
flyingzebra7
flyingzebra7
SrEconomySec
Your honor,

I will be representing Pearot in this case. I will present my statement shortly.

flyingzebra7

Department of Economy
Lawyer
flyingzebra7
flyingzebra7
SrEconomySec
Your honor,

I just realized there is a conflict of interest here. I am no longer Pearot's lawyer. They have been notified of the situation.

Irongolem_lawyer

Citizen
Banned
Lawyer
Irongolem_lawyer
Irongolem_lawyer
Lawyer
PRELIMINARY INJUNCTION
Date: 06/27/23

v.

The Republic of Stratham

Good evening Your Honor,

As the validity of Pearot's position as DoJ minister is currently unresolved, the plaintiff requests that the court temporarily remove Pearot's position as DoJ minister and that the court strike down all policies, changes, and actions Pearot took in his tenure as DoJ minister.

Irongolem_lawyer

Citizen
Banned
Lawyer
Irongolem_lawyer
Irongolem_lawyer
Lawyer
Your honor, there is a mistake with the date, it is 06/27/23, not 06/22/23, my apologies.

I have edited the normal post to fix the mistake.

Tracefais

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Senior Administrator
Lawyer
Donator
Tracefais
Tracefais
Lawyer
Alright well,

I will instead be representing Pearot.

Tracefais

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Senior Administrator
Lawyer
Donator
Tracefais
Tracefais
Lawyer
MOTION TO DISMISS
Date: 06/26/23

v.

The Republic of Stratham

I. Motion To Dismiss
The Defendant motions to dismiss the case, respectfully based off the following:
  1. Pearot was appointed as DoJ Minister through the powers of given to the Prime Minister through emergency action of a server owner, Koalition. I, (Prime Minister Tracefais), was instructed to continue to lead Cabinet in a traditional sense without a Parliament, see attached. (link to full post: https://discord.com/channels/267729476438196227/473583394916270080/1119701885138501642) This is meant to continue until the new Constitution is finalized, and as of appointment of Pearot, was not being used. This post also clarifies that I will be Prime Minister until the Ministerial elections take place, which they have not. To run the cabinet during this time of transition, ALL cabinet positions need to be filled to be able to successfully continue government operations.

In advancing this form to the court, you acknowledge and concur with the rules of court which highlight the importance of honesty at all times. Moreover, you understand the punishments for breaking these rules and/or committing perjury and deception in the court.

Attached:

koalsmessage.png

Irongolem_lawyer

Citizen
Banned
Lawyer
Irongolem_lawyer
Irongolem_lawyer
Lawyer
Your Honor, we'd like to request a 48-hour extension, I have been extremely busy and have not been able to formulate a response to the defense's motion.

ColonelKai

Supreme Justice
Lawyer
Donator
Colonel_Kai
Colonel_Kai
Lawyer
Dismissal of the Case

Good Evening.

The staff team has independently verified to the courts that the Prime Minister holds the right to appoint persons to the cabinet until the new constitution takes place as the Parliament is currently shut down. Therefore, this case has been dismissed as of this 30th of June, 2023.

I apologise for this distruption and wish you a nice day.

Best Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.