DerpGaming20_YT

Citizen
Donator
DerpGaming20_YT
DerpGaming20_YT
Tier4
- Title: Edit to Contract Legality bill
- Type of motion (Edit/Removal/Creation): Edit
- Elaboration & Reasoning: There is currently no way for a player to ensure the legality of a contract. This bill is a basic edit to add an extra step. This extra step is to direct the contract to a Judge, a Minister, Business Secretary, or an Assistant Business Secretary via discord. They can then review the contract and state whether or not it is a legal contract to issue to someone, based off of the items included in the original bill:
* contracts may not include unreasonably harsh punishments, a contract could be deemed too harsh by the judicial system
* contracts may not bind someone to something unknowingly, ie they may not have excessively hidden subtexts or clauses
- Other Information:
Original Bill- https://mcbusinesscraft.com/forum/threads/contract-legality.3867/

xEndeavour

Citizen
Banned
I have voted nay as I believe that contacts should be approved solely by the DoBD, not by all of the wide ranging roles listed. It will become annoying to the above individuals to have to give feedback on something that is not within their role.

Despite this, I agree with the bill.

Koalition

Owner
Staff member
Owner
Koalition
Koalition
I believe this would provide too much unnecessary complexity. Players know what they're getting into once they sign the contract and can always ask their friends or government officials for advice and consultation before signing anything. Vetoed

Vetoed

This bill has been vetoed by the Prime Minister.

Learn more about the process of legislature »