Answered / Added Discord & Server Integration (DiscordChat)

Technofied

Citizen
Donator
Technofied
Technofied
Tier3
- Username: Technofied
- Suggestion Title: Discord & Server Integration (DiscordChat)
- Elaborate (Why do you think it should be added, how will it improve the server, etc.): Just like the staff team who can talk to players in game, I think players should be able to as well, but considering the first bot is for staff purposes, this plugin can make a second bot, not to mention the message design and overall feel is better than DiscordSRV.

This can benefit players as it gives them a way to communicate to people on the server and catchup on what's going on while not being on the server, if people have mobile chat clients, why not a chat client for our Discord server, considering most of our players are on there, it would be a good place to put this kind of integration!

- Does this require the installation of a new plugin (Yes/No): Yes
- If you answered Yes on the previous question, please link the plugin (Leave blank if you answered No): https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/discordchat.46452/

- Additional Information: Suggestions and constructive criticism are most welcome. Credits to
SamKnightZomvi

RedFr0st

On lunch break for 2 weeks now
Donator
The idea sounds good on paper but the thing is both the chats from discord and In game would be cluttered with random things, sure it would allow people to communicate easier but that is kinda of the point of discord to have everyone communicate with everyone else and I think the server maybe needs to show the discord server it self more then right now. Also Staff use that if am correct to moderator the server and make announcement that are important for everyone.

Technofied

Citizen
Donator
Technofied
Technofied
Tier3
The idea sounds good on paper but the thing is both the chats from discord and In game would be cluttered with random things, sure it would allow people to communicate easier but that is kinda of the point of discord to have everyone communicate with everyone else and I think the server maybe needs to show the discord server it self more then right now. Also Staff use that if am correct to moderator the server and make announcement that are important for everyone.

Sorry, I should have been more clear, there would be a seperate discord text channel for the integration. Does that fix your issue?

Koalition

Owner
Staff member
Owner
Koalition
Koalition
The chats are already synced with Discord but those chats are not available to the public, and won't be. Server chat will keep being displayed only on the server, and discord chat only on the discord.