Decidous’ Election Post (December 2021)

Decidous

Citizen
Donator
Life is hard. Life is stressful.

My name is Decidous, and I am running for parliament. Like many others before me, I joined this community as a break from the harsh realities of life. During my time in BC, I took pride in a few pursuits, such as selling Big Bottle Rockets for a cheap price of 400,000 krunas, as well as coming up with random bill ideas. Through these ventures, I eventually achieved my dreams of being in parliament. Suddenly, I was faced with a dilemma: should I continue pursuing the fun ideas I proposed—ideas that were not of much significance? Or should I post only necessary bills, indicating that I took my job seriously?

As my term as a replacement parliament member ended and I failed to propose anything of substance, I remembered something vitally important: you only fail if you don’t try. By thinking too much about how I wanted myself to be seen, I was not able to achieve any of the ambitions I had. I learned my lesson, and now I am a better person because of it.

For me, the fun of BC is enjoying the opportunities it has to offer, from owning a business to working for the government. And, as a member of Parliament, I am devoted towards ensuring that the server maintains the peace and tranquility that people come here for.

I want to make sure that I am prepared for this position, so I have written some bills that I will propose the moment I get into office:

Title: Animal Hostage
Type: Creation
Description: No law currently exists that prevents a player from kidnapping another player’s pet (by pushing them towards the hostage area, using a lead on them, putting them into boats and rowing away, etc.) and demanding ransom for their return. Although the activity could make a decent business, a player who does not consent to having their pet held hostage would understandably be upset by the lack of any government action that can be taken against the criminal. This bill will ensure that there is a law that punishes animal kidnappers.
Bill: A player found kidnapping a pet belonging to another player and demanding ransom for the pet's return will result in punishment as follows:

• First Offense: Verbal Warning
  • Second Offense: k100 fine + 5 minutes of jail time + return of pet to original owner
  • Three or More Offenses: k200 fine + 10 minutes of jail time + return of pet to original owner
Regulator: Department of Justice

Title: Blackmail
Description: It is concerning that there does not exist a law that covers blackmail. An example of blackmail occurring is threatening to reveal that a player criticized someone else behind their back, resulting in possibly damaging their reputation. This bill intends to account for cases of blackmail.
Bill: Blackmail is threatening to reveal information, whether true or false, that is damaging to the victim in order to coerce the victim in return for money or some other action. The punishments for blackmail are as follows:
First Offense: jail time of 5 minutes + fine of k500
Second Offense: jail time of 10 minutes + fine of k1000
Three or More Offenses: jail time of 15 minutes + fine of k1500
Regulator: Department of Justice

Title: Activity Definition
Description: Currently, elections use the following prerequisite: "you must be active in-game, on the forums and discord." Though departments can set their own definitions of activity, the lack of a formal definition leaves room for unfair practices. This bill establishes an official standard on what constitutes activity.
Bill: An active player is someone who has joined the server within the past 2 weeks as per the /seen command, has sent a message in the discord within the past 2 weeks, has visited forums sometime within the past 2 weeks, or has a valid reason for not reaching the previous specifications for activity.

Feedback is appreciated.

“Sometimes it is better to lose and do the right thing than to win and do the wrong thing.” Fellow candidates, regardless of whether you get the job or not, always remember to continue doing your best!!!!

Last edited:

Decidous

Citizen
Donator
How are you gonna hold a animal hostile if u can’t make it stand?
There are many ways. You can simply push it away towards the hostage area or get them in a boat or use a lead (I don’t remember if leads work on sitting pets); if it is in the wild you can also hook them with a fishing rod or push them with pistons or with water (don’t ask how I know these things I just know)

Last edited:

PeachLemon_

Los Angeles Enjoyer
Donator
PeachLemon_
PeachLemon_
Tier2
I love the law idea partly because this has kind of happened to me a few times, and it would be great to implement. :)

I also would like to say that deci is a great candidate for parliament as he has great experience, and hes been on BC since I first joined (December 2020).