Lawsuit: Adjourned Creepsteve05 vs. Department of Construction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creepsteve05

Member Of Parliament
Banned
Donator
The plaintiff is suing the department of construction over enforcement of a law that is either inaccessible, or nonexistant.

I swear that the evidence that I shall give shall be the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help me God. ... I solemnly affirm that the evidence that I shall give shall be the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

The following is a precise account of the events leading up to the cause of this lawsuit.

On the night of August 10th, the plaintiff (player Creepsteve05) contacted player Magic_Dino about acquisition of plot bc-146. Magic_Dino agreed to sell the plot to the plaintiff for 12,000 krunas, and inquired that there were no building restrictions for the plot when asked (see evidence 1). The plaintiff purchased the plot bc-146 the next day for 12,000 krunas. The plaintiff read all building codes that were classified as building codes. On the same day, the plaintiff preordered 112 stacks of grey concrete from two different suppliers for building. The concrete cost the plaintiff 1,250 krunas. The plaintiff planned to build a tower to reach 256 blocks. The plaintiff told this to at least a dozen players, one of which was a police officer. The plaintiff began the construction of the tower on August 12th, adding 1-3 floors a day for the next 3 days. The building’s lower floors were regioned as extremely cheap apartments to help new players and promote server growth. On the night of August 14th, the tower reached a height of 34 blocks. On the morning of August 15th, the plaintiff was direct messaged by a property inspector for the Department of Construction. (Evidence 2). The inspector stated that the plaintiff’s building had exceeded the height limit for that area of the city. The inspector stated the limit was 20 blocks. The plaintiff asked for a code or law stating this, and the inspector stalled, saying they had to go, when in fact, they were in game. The plaintiff asked again 3 hours later, and received no response at all. This led the plaintiff to believe the law did not exist, and instigated this lawsuit to avoid unjustified fines.

Your honor, as you can clearly see, the plaintiff nor the property inspector can acquire a law that backs up the inspector's claims. If the law does exist, it is not filed under building codes, it is not posted, and it is not available for search on the forums. Therefore, the law cannot be used against the plaintiff, as the plaintiff has no way of acquiring the law.

The plaintiff hereby requests the following:

-The plaintiff requests permission to build his building to his desired height

Evidence 1- https://ibb.co/bHzw9yQ
Evidence 2- https://ibb.co/48Pvt1w

Last edited:

Sprite

Citizen
Donator
The Government of BusinessCraft is hereby summoned to the court to acknowledge the case. If the Defendant, The Government of BusinessCraft, does not acknowledge the case as a reply in 2 days, the case will close in the Plaintiff's favor.

Court is in Session

This case is presided by Judge SpriteTropical Bear in mind to not reply to court cases unless summoned by the Judge!

As the DoJ minister typically represents the Government in court cases, I am calling @bharatj or any Government representative to the court.

In addition, I must ask the the Plaintiff, @Overlord, provides a picture of the plot and the building in question.

Creepsteve05

Member Of Parliament
Banned
Donator
Pictures attached below

I would like to note that the building is currently used by the non-profit charity organization 'The Lincoln Foundation' to provide net free housing to new players, which is part of our plan to promote server growth.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-08-21 at 9.30.16 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-08-21 at 9.30.16 AM.png
    744.9 KB · Views: 22
  • Screen Shot 2020-08-21 at 9.33.15 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-08-21 at 9.33.15 AM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 25

bharatj

Staff member
Department of Justice
Department of Construction
Lawyer
bharatj
bharatj
Constructor
Hello, I will be representing the government in this case.

I would like to begin by addressing the statement of Magic_Dino’s involvement in this situation. The government cannot be held responsible for a private transaction such as that, if the plaintiff believes he has been wronged at the time of the transaction, then he is free to launch a lawsuit against Magic_Dino but the government had no involvement in the plot sale so other than stating a lot of money was spent on the plot, I don’t see the relevance to this case.

Moving on to the report on Creepsteve, the government has already privately spoken with him and has granted an exception to the 20 block limit, however, placed a new limit, which Creepsteve had agreed to. There are no fines being levied against Creepsteve nor is his building being removed unless it breaks another building code.

To put it shortly, I do not see the point of this lawsuit continuing, seen as the government and plaintiff have come to a private agreement the day this lawsuit was posted.

The plaintiff has agreed to limit his building at 70 blocks tall, whereupon the government will re-evaluate and see where to go from there.

Thank you.

Attachments

• 901D9554-84DA-486E-B5C5-7DDE727F2104.jpeg
    901D9554-84DA-486E-B5C5-7DDE727F2104.jpeg
    278.7 KB · Views: 16
  • CBB517CB-6695-46B2-996C-B5DA1CA4A98F.jpeg
    CBB517CB-6695-46B2-996C-B5DA1CA4A98F.jpeg
    292.9 KB · Views: 17

Creepsteve05

Member Of Parliament
Banned
Donator
Objection

This new evidence does not change the fact that no written law exists regarding height limits. The plaintiff only sought an exemption from the unspoken, unwritten terms so they could continue construction.

Because there is still no written law regarding height limits, the evidence and thus the above statement should be discounted.

Last edited:

Sprite

Citizen
Donator
Objection

This new evidence does not change the fact that no written law exists regarding height limits. The plaintiff only sought an exemption from the unspoken, unwritten terms so they could continue construction.

Because there is still no written law regarding height limits, the evidence and thus the above statement should be discounted.
Please do not speak out of turn. You are only allowed to speak when addressed.

@Overlord, please answer this question:

What is the current build height of the building on the plot? If it is currently above 70 blocks, why did you break the agreement you made with the DoC Minister? You have the floor.

And for the defense, @bharatj, does the Government have any proof of a 20-block height limit being stated anywhere except for the sign on the plot (which has clearly been destroyed)? You also have the floor.

Creepsteve05

Member Of Parliament
Banned
Donator
Please do not speak out of turn. You are only allowed to speak when addressed.

@Overlord, please answer this question:

What is the current build height of the building on the plot? If it is currently above 70 blocks, why did you break the agreement you made with the DoC Minister? You have the floor.

And for the defense, @bharatj, does the Government have any proof of a 20-block height limit being stated anywhere except for the sign on the plot (which has clearly been destroyed)? You also have the floor.

Your Honor, I am deeply sorry for my earlier outburst

I made a temporary agreement with the DoC Minister of an initial height limit of 70 blocks, with a potential higher limit if the Minister approves.

The current height of the building is 136 blocks. I genuinely forgot to stop at 70 blocks, as the city floor is at Y=64 and it can get hard to quickly measure from that height without a calculator. I am very sorry for breaching these terms. I will immediately halt all construction.

The plot did not come with a sign of any sort

bharatj

Staff member
Department of Justice
Department of Construction
Lawyer
bharatj
bharatj
Constructor
Alright, so I would like to address some things again.
This is not a law since the DoC controls property restrictions in the city.
The agreement you made was never for you to decide an ending for. Lux specifically stated “build 70 blocks and we will see how it looks.” That obviously indicates that the DoC will have input if any extension will be allowed. Even if you were unaware of the restriction initially, you are aware of it now. You were granted an exception to the restriction, however, you are asking for a total exemption. You keep using the name of your charity as a defense, and while I and the government appreciate what you are trying to do, it doesn’t mean that anyone is entitled to a complete exception.
Regarding the sign. A sign was initially placed on the plot to indicate a height limit, which must have been destroyed by the first plot owner. The government does not and cannot track every single player to player sale. The government would be unaware of any transaction between the players until the restriction is broken and the property is investigated. The government had done its duty in informing the plot owner that a restriction was present. If the plot is sold in between players and that information is not passed, then the government can’t do anything about that if we’re unaware of the transaction until the restriction is broken. We agree that it could be made more apparent, and we will work on posting that again, however, the government had initially placed a sign to inform the landowners, the people who needed to know, of the height restriction.
Please take a look at this as well:
https://mcbusinesscraft.com/forum/threads/19-new-plots-in-southwest-bc.2432/
Thank you.

Sprite

Citizen
Donator
Does the Plaintiff, @Overlord, have any closing statements they would like to make before I make a ruling? Additionally, if the Defense, @bharatj, has any other information they would like to add they may do it. You both have 24 hours.

Sprite

Citizen
Donator
Apologies for the delay.

The Plaintiff, Creepsteve05 has brought the Defendant, the Government, to court over a warning from a Property Inspector. Creepsteve05 has claimed that there is no official law on the book stating that he cannot build above 20 blocks.

Seeing as a deal was made with the Department of Construction Minister, Luxaholic, for a height limit to be set at 70 blocks, Creepsteve05 was clearly aware of any height limits. The Department of Construction had a policy, and due to confusion Luxaholic was lenient upon this policy.

As such, I am ruling in the favor of the Defendant. Additionally, I reccomend that the Department of Construction find some way to permanently indicate height restrictions.

The court is now adjourned.

Court Adjourned

This case was presided by Judge SpriteTropical

Status
Not open for further replies.