Denied Covington's application for a Expansion Grant

ferre007_

Citizen
- In-game Name:ferre007_

- City or Town Name: Covington City

- Current Population: Around 12

- City or Town Funds: No dedicated funds, mostly my balance

- Mayors Balance:k229 747

- Detailed Expansion Plan: The plan is to construct an area connected to the suburbs which will house beachfront villas that will be bigger than the normal suburban houses. The profits made from these more expensive villas will be funding the rest of the Covington suburbs so we will be able to build cheaper housing to reach out to a broader variety of people. So by getting these villas made we are kickstarting our new development of the suburbs as well as aiding our goals of reaching a higher population.

For this project we are asking for a k30 000 grant.

upload_2020-9-2_22-4-55.png
The black rectangle is representing the land that will be used for the villas.

- Estimated Expansion Cost: the land for this will be k40 000 and we are expecting around k20 000 in material and additional costs so a total of about k60 000.

- Additional Information: I would like to state that although my balance at the time of writing this application is enough for the expansion about k140 000 is reserved for another Covington project. All the money left after that will be going into our suburbs.
Thank you for reading!

DemonWolf_101

Staff member
Department of Internal Development
Donator
DemonWolf_101
DemonWolf_101
Senior Constructor
This is how its gonna look like

Attachments

• 2020-09-04_21.44.05.png
    2020-09-04_21.44.05.png
    555.8 KB · Views: 29

_Info_

Citizen
Donator
_Info_
_Info_
Tier4
Sorry for the late reply, this really fell through the cracks. I am finding it hard to justify an expansion grant when the city is already as large as it is. Why make a grant for more space when the population does not call for it?

ferre007_

Citizen
No worries.

The grant would be funding a space that would bring people into the city and that is really what we need more people. The effects of this grant would be a rise in the population of Covington and would make sure that the city has enough capacity for decentralization in the future. The city may be very large but at the moment we hardly have any plots vacant we especialy lack housing with most of the buildings being offices and shops. We want the suburbs to be one of the key features of the city and a reason for people to move to Covington.

_Info_

Citizen
Donator
_Info_
_Info_
Tier4
I understand that the grant would provide housing, however I do not believe it is the governments responsibility to fund extra housing in Covington.

For this reason this land grant is Denied.