Codes320's Election Post (Feb 2020)

Codes320

Citizen
Donator
#VoteCodes2020

Hi I'm Codes. Lol, how do you write these posts again? Ok. So a little bit about me. I've been playing since late 2018. I've started several successful businesses and sold them off. Currently, my main occupation on the server is working on my town Orico, and just messing around.

I wanna start this off by talking about this last term. While the efficiency of the current Parliament as a whole can be debated, I personally feel very accomplished in what I was able to accomplish in the last term. Last term, I posted more bills than any other MP, had more positive reactions than any other MP, and came up with some very unique policies that have never been thought of before. If you want to see what I got done, check out this page.

Ok, I'm done bragging about myself. Let's talk about the next term. I want to be elected for 2 main reasons. For one, I still have more policy to get through. I'm not a big fan of just spamming bills in Bill Creation. I want to create slow, methodical change. My policies since the beginning have involved more rights for players, balancing existing government systems, holding cabinet accountable, and giving the people more power in our democracy. I've done a lot of that already, but I have more. The other issue that is incredibly important to me is the new government system. This parliament is going to be doing a lot next term, including confirming the new PM. This person could be in office for a very long time, so I want to make sure we get things right. As an MP, I will listen to what the people want in a candidate and make sure we get it right the first time.

The other question a lot of you may be asking is whether I will be running for speaker again. The answer is, maybe. I love the job, and it's very rewarding. However, I know a lot of players would also really love to have that position, and I don't want to hog it if there's someone else who would be a good choice and really wants it.

I'm gonna sign off by giving a huge thank you to everyone who supported me during this term. Some of you have been incredibly positive, and some of you have offered very valuable constructive criticism. I'm thankful for it all. Let me know if you have any questions.

- Codes