Lawsuit: Adjourned [Civil Case] MarshMellow vs Dwerpy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marshmellow

Citizen
The incident for which I am suing for happened in the Official BC Bid Server on the evening of June 14th, the player Dwerpy had posted an auction on his Bid server selling several valuables (which is shown in a screenshot below) and set the auction’s bid conclusion at exactly 8:30 central time on Sunday. Player HybridPlague and I bid several high numbers that evening and I decided to wait until the last second before the auctions end to put one final bid up and win the auction, might be annoying but that’s just strategy.

I then won the auction and following the auction’s conclusion, HybridPlague bid on the auction at 8:59, 29 minutes after the auctions end. I then continued to ask dwerpy when we could do the exchange, and he insisted Hybrid won the auction and even said Hybrid put the last bid up at 8:23, which is inconsistent with several witnesses of the auction, and with screenshots I provide below this post. Kailabeann is on staff for BC Bid, and she clarified that my bid was the final legal bid, she then pinged dwerpy and I to let her, or Garmen, know when the transaction is completed. Neither Dwerpy or I were on at the same time that evening so I thought I would ask him about it the next day, which I did, to which I find out Dwerpy has sold the Auction prize to HybridPlague already.

This confused me greatly because several people witnessed the auction, so that is why I write this case now. BC Bid Staff has muted Dwerpy's channel for 7 days and issued a warning for auction abuse and disobeying Staff's orders. However, BC Bid staff cannot enforce the transaction without the government's help. I am seeking for the auction to be honored and to be sold the items I rightfully won on an approved BC service.
Thank you for your time-

Attachments

• 5D3FC2EC-A453-4BB8-8CBF-857247BF14B9.jpeg
    5D3FC2EC-A453-4BB8-8CBF-857247BF14B9.jpeg
    438.7 KB · Views: 27
  • C06F5CE8-96B6-4067-A4BB-B6F93C88EA8D.jpeg
    C06F5CE8-96B6-4067-A4BB-B6F93C88EA8D.jpeg
    166 KB · Views: 25
  • 8A9EE00B-5614-429C-83BA-384F644E27FC.jpeg
    8A9EE00B-5614-429C-83BA-384F644E27FC.jpeg
    379 KB · Views: 22
  • DA0C2D93-81E6-4C76-9AC8-DD2B9501183F.jpeg
    DA0C2D93-81E6-4C76-9AC8-DD2B9501183F.jpeg
    331.5 KB · Views: 24
  • ABE5271D-E1F2-4F1D-A4B1-54793989452E.jpeg
    ABE5271D-E1F2-4F1D-A4B1-54793989452E.jpeg
    81.6 KB · Views: 24
  • D61F37FE-AFF3-4060-B0F8-0F8A0454827F.jpeg
    D61F37FE-AFF3-4060-B0F8-0F8A0454827F.jpeg
    133.3 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

Matt

The Big Cheese
Staff member
Helper
Donator
Matty707
Matty707
tier5
(Is reviewing the legal terms of this type of lawsuit regarding Auction/Bids/Scamming Rules, etc)

Matt

The Big Cheese
Staff member
Helper
Donator
Matty707
Matty707
tier5
@Dwerpy is hereby summoned to the court to acknowledge the case. If the Defendant, @Dwerpy , does not acknowledge the case as a reply in 2 days, the case will close in the Plaintiff's favor.

Court is in Session

This case is presided by Judge Matty707 Bear in mind to not reply to court cases unless summoned by the Judge!

I would also like to remind all parties involved about the strict Honesty in Court Law.

Thank you.

(Hybrid wishes to make a statement regarding this lawsuit. You have the stand.)

HybridPlague

yes
Donator
HybridPlague
HybridPlague
Tier4
The time in which Dwerpy stated the auction would be over was not specified by timezones. He only said "8:30". Now, I don't know how he possibly got the time he did when he said I won, but if the time was meant for EST, I would have won because the time Marshmellow sent the message would have been 9:29. Anyway, yeah. Things were not specified in full. If the time in which Dwerpy meant the auction to end was in CST-PST, I will admit my loss and turn the items over to Marshmellow. This is something that should added to the rules of the bid server to reduce confusion when setting specific dates and times of an auction ending; specify the timezone. Thank you.

Dwerpy

Daddy Dwerpy
Department of Internal Development
Department of Justice
Donator
Dwerpy
Dwerpy
PoliceOfficer
I did mean cst im very sorry

Matt

The Big Cheese
Staff member
Helper
Donator
Matty707
Matty707
tier5
JUDGE'S RESPONSE

(My apologies on the delayed response to the court hearing.)

Analysis:
The Plaintiff has brought the Defendant @Dwerpy to civil court based on the confusion of the possibility that auction abuse occurred within the #Dwerpy bid channel on The BC Bid Server discord server. Through the evidence provided, and the statements made by both parties, here within the hearing and in private counsel, there was definitely some confusion. But, it's clear what should be done.

Conclusion:
The other day, I have discussed the situation with HybridPlague and the other members privately and have resolved the issue at hand. In my presence, HybridPlague was able to hand over the winning items (shulker box containing various materials) to @Marshmellow , and proper payment of the original winning bid of 19,200 Kr was paid. HybridPlague was reimbursed his recognized late bid payment of 19,400 Kr. All parties are now satisfied.

Verdict:
As reigning Judge, I am adjourning this civil hearing, as all parties have come to a mutual resolution.

Thank you, have a nice day.

This court case is now adjourned.

Court Adjourned

This case was presided by Judge Matty707

klcPQA3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.