• Nay

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sparkleA

Citizen
- Title: Citizenship Test
- Type of motion (Edit, removal, creation): Creation
- Elaboration & Reasoning: This would create a rules test (citizenship test) that players would have to pass after the tutorial before they have any warps (except tutorial and the wilds) available for them. This would also give them the citizen prefix, however only if that is possible with current plugins.
- What would benefit from this: New players wouldn't ruin their future by doing something stupid like killing people in the city or griefing. Also, murder and grief rates would decrease, due to a more educated population.
- Other Information: Not sure how it would work, but I think all the plugins are here. Reply with your opinions or ideas!

Last edited:

FlappyChickens

Gucci Gang Veteran
Donator
How funny, right before you posted this, I drafted a bill for a citizenship test players would have to take after the tutorial to get the Citizen Prefix.

FlappyChickens

Gucci Gang Veteran
Donator
Here some of the things I'd like to see happen with the bill.

Before passing the test, players would not be allowed to do certain things. First, the can only access warps to spawn, and the two wilds. Next they would not be able to pvp. Finally, the players would not be able to take a job exam, buy a plot, rent an apartment for more than a month, or buy a car. They would be allowed to buy bike though. Of course they would regain these abilities after passing.

Also, they wouldn't have the "Citizen" prefix when they first join. I would like to make it more of a citizenship test for realism.

sparkleA

Citizen
I agree with the citizenship thing, as that does make it cooler and more realistic, but I don't think they should be able to have access to everything you said in your post above. Maybe they should have access to the wild warps, but not to spawn. We want to make sure players pass the test before being able to break laws. Once I get on the computer I'll change the motion title to "Citizenship Test" but for right now I would love feedback on Flappy's ideas to see what you guys want.

Koalition

Owner
Staff member
Owner
Koalition
Koalition
I think this would just discourage new players. They log in for the first time and already have to read through a long document before they could even properly walk and talk.
The current system is fine. If they want a job, they'll be more committed and read all the resources.

SlimeEmperor

Mayor of Covington
Donator
I think this would just discourage new players. They log in for the first time and already have to read through a long document before they could even properly walk and talk.
The current system is fine. If they want a job, they'll be more committed and read all the resources.
Many players currently don't read the law until they are told to. And many also don't want to put actual effort into a job. Forcing them to read it makes sure those people are dealt with without people having to constantly say "Read the law"

Melo

Screen Shot Melo
Banned
Donator
I 100% agree with you and Slime, but I bet we could create a smaller summed up version of the law and put it in game, or maybe put the whole law somewhere in the university for players can look at.

FlappyChickens

Gucci Gang Veteran
Donator
That's why players would still have access to some features as I stated above, so they wont quit. You would take the test like a week or so after joining.

sparkleA

Citizen
So as of the moment I've added that players can access the two wilds and they won't get the citizen prefix yet. Also, I would be willing to make a shortened version of the law and send it to the Parliament discord to see what you guys think, so players don't have to read the long document, if you guys want. And I can also draft the test if it is wanted.