Event BC Olympics 2020

Ambre

Citizen
Donator
yHAOlgM.png

Calling All Players:

The Department of Public Affairs is proud to announce that the Olympics is coming to BC next month! 8 teams will be participating in this major event, with a grand prize of 30k, each representing an official city or town. The event will last 1 week, and the schedule is posted below:

Schedule: All events will start at 6 PM EST (3 PM PST).

October 4 - Opening Ceremony: Palm Bay Arena
October 5 - Boat Racing: Ocean City
October 6 - Archery: Covington
October 7 - Horse Racing: Capital
October 8 - Swimming: Palm Bay
October 9 - Team Relay: Westridge
October 10 - Awards Ceremony: Covington​

Events:

Boat Racing: A fast-paced race around Ocean City with a track made of water and ice. Watch out for the obstacles!
Archery: Test your aim and watch out for the moving targets.
Horse Racing: A hard horse race filled with obstacles held at Capital City’s horse racing arena.
Swimming: Watch out for those nasty bubbles as you swim!
Team Relay: A test of teamwork, parkour and puzzle-solving skills, the team relay tests the entire team.

Prizes:
It’s a major event, so it has major prizes. The first-place team will bring home 30,000 krunas. Second place will receive 20,000 krunas and third place will receive 10,000 krunas.

Scoring:
Each team will participate in each event. The number of points you receive will be determined by how well your team does. The first place will get eight points, second place will get seven points, etc. Tiebreakers will be determined by DOPA members should there be one. The scoreboard will be updated every day in the government announcements channel.

Rules:
To ensure the event is fair and fun for everyone, players must follow the rules listed below. Should one break a rule, they will be permanently banned from the event and the team they represent will lose 5 points.​
  1. Any food or item that gives a player some kind of effect or boost is not allowed. This includes and is not limited to the following: food heads, potions, weed, alcohol, or golden food items​
  2. .No armour or elytra can be worn during the event. The only exception is the team uniform.​
  3. No weapons or tools will be allowed during the event. If needed, chests for the items in your inventory will be provided.​
  4. A member of each team must compete in at least one event (relay not included).​
How to Sign Up:
If you're interested in being an Olympic athlete sign up below in forums. We will be updating the post frequently so you can see who is participating and for what team. Make sure you are available on the day of the event. Signups are first-come, first-serve. You may also sign up as a group but there might be others if your group isn’t big enough. Each team will only have 4 people but we will need backups :)

To sign up, use this format. “I, <in game name>, am signing up to be part of the <team name>.” For example, “I, ShadowLink17, am signing up to be a part of the Westridge Dragons.”

Once you get your team, contact them, and figure out who will do what event. Contact Ambre (AmbreMc1290#6867) - or mail/msg her in game to enter yourself for the events.​

Teams:
(FULL)Ocean City Mariners - LobsterRoast, Zzz_King, MrShark, MrFib
(FULL)Palm Bay Pythons - Decidous, DakMan, Crazeelily, Qcumbers
(FULL)Westridge Dragons- RextheBest, UASO, Foxtrot_13, AxiomKitten
(FULL)Covington Chupacabras- _theAlpha_, Tracefais, RealFraser, DislikeNDSB
(FULL)Lexford Mountaineers - FlamingNinja, Askiturai, Shecky_, Hotshot (Reserves: SteeledApple)
(FULL)Orico Otters - Hay1ie, Miss_boomboom, GikoHanno, Kl_22
The DOPA Department hope to see you there!

Last edited:

FlamingNinja728

Former Moderator
Donator
FlamingNinja728
FlamingNinja728
Tier2
“I, FlamingNinja728, am signing up to be part of the Lexford Mountaineers.” (Also idk if i say but I have friend want be on team with being Hotshot, Ask, Qcumber, Shecky, and Steeled [2 can be alternates or something])

hay1ie

Citizen
I, hay1ie am signing up to be a part of the Orico Otters.

(for my friend)
I, miss_boomboom am signing up to be a part of the Orico Otters

fluffybaldie

Staff member
Department of Agriculture
Department of Internal Development
Department of Public Affairs
Donator
fluffybaldie
fluffybaldie
Constructor
I, Ask, am signing up to be part of the LExforf Mountainers uwu

shorkie

Citizen
Donator
shorki_
shorki_
Tier1
I, MrShark51, am signing up to be part of the Ocean City Mariners. uwu lobby owo zzz

GikoHanno

Donator
GikoHanno
GikoHanno
EventPlanner
I, GikoHanno, am signing up to be part of The Orico Otters

Tracefais

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Senior Administrator
Lawyer
Donator
Tracefais
Tracefais
Lawyer
I, Tracefais, am signing up to be part of Covington Chupacabras

(i dont live there but that name is awesome)(also can move me to whatever team if need be)