Citizen
Banned
Donator
Reppal
Reppal
Auditor
- Username: Reppal
- Suggestion Title: ArtMap Plugin
- Elaborate (Why do you think it should be added, how will it improve the server, etc.): Lack of in-server culture and special items, this will append to the writer job (job title changing to culturist or etc.). Opens a new market for customized and special items, and removes the need for splatter maps and long-term map art projects (but still open for extremely detailed pictures as this plugin is only basic drawings).
- Does this require the installation of a new plugin (Yes/No): Yes
- If you answered Yes on the previous question, please link the plugin (Leave blank if you answered No): https://gitlab.com/BlockStack/ArtMap
- Additional Information: DoE internal would like this to open avenues for new grants and social programs/buildings.

Last edited by a moderator:

PeachLemon_

Los Angeles Enjoyer
Donator
PeachLemon_
PeachLemon_
Tier2
I think this would take away from the fun aspect of creating a map art, putting in the work, to sell it for lots of money. I do think it could also provide a new market though.

Reppal

Citizen
Banned
Donator
Reppal
Reppal
Auditor
A 128x128 palette costs 115,000kr by claim alone. This opens up basic art to any player, including the ones who join then leave after a week.

MrNasus77

Citizen
MrNasus77
MrNasus77
From someone who has put in the work of making Map Art and still putting in work. I don't think this is a great idea. People should put in equal amount of work for equal amount of pay. Adding this plugin people can just send an image in and start getting paid effortlessly. Plus map art should be a exclusive skill because it does take skill if you design your own.

Ancastal

Minister of Economy
Minister of Economy
Department of Economy
Donator
Ancastal
Ancastal
Economy Minister
From someone who has put in the work of making Map Art and still putting in work. I don't think this is a great idea. People should put in equal amount of work for equal amount of pay. Adding this plugin people can just send an image in and start getting paid effortlessly. Plus map art should be a exclusive skill because it does take skill if you design your own.

This is not what the plugin in question does. The plugin allows you to draw pixel by pixel directly in-game.

Reppal

Citizen
Banned
Donator
Reppal
Reppal
Auditor
You wouldn't be able to put in the work without a random grace of someone else. Would you prefer to safeguard map art from others or admit it would've been nice to just draw?

Tracefais

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Senior Administrator
Lawyer
Donator
Tracefais
Tracefais
Lawyer
added. ty for suggestion!