Lawsuit: Dismissed 8-Bit Enterprises v. Supermetro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sprite

Citizen
Donator
Your honor, I am Squatters, and on behalf of The Innovation Fund I am here to represent my client, 8-Bit Enterprises in court today.

Supermetro has recently set up a fireworks stand in a mall shop under the name of "8-Bit". However, this is in violation of the Business Owner rules as a company's name cannot be similar to another company's name. As 8-Bit Enterprises ran by Kaircuhii came first, Kairuchii holds rights to the name. My client has worked extremely hard on his company for a little over a year to gain the community's trust in the company. However, Supermetro is clearly and knowingly attempting to profit off of my client's success in his business ventures. When Supermetro was informed of this by Kairuchii, he simply said that he indeed could steal away the name, saying that he stole the name from Kairuchii, saying he did it because the name is "known, so much known" and people think of 8-Bit as "something to trust, something cheap, something quality and something to buy."

Supermetro is clearly attempting to profit off of my client's business success by hijacking his company's name, and passing it off as his own. This is against the Business Owner Rules as previously stated. Additionally, the ruling set in Olympus v. Olympus Brands, shows that any company must prove legal backing behind a name. 8-Bit Enterprises has been running for a little bit over a year, and is one of the largest concrete, terracotta and glass suppliers on this server, where on the other hand, Supermetro's company has been operating for not even a full month. With this being said, 8-Bit Enterprises clearly has legal backing behind the 8-Bit name.

As such, my client is asking for Supermetro's company to cease and desist the usage of the 8-Bit name.

Attachments

• Screen_Shot_2020-05-22_at_7.58.23_AM.png
    Screen_Shot_2020-05-22_at_7.58.23_AM.png
    125 KB · Views: 19
  • Evidence.png
    Evidence.png
    82.5 KB · Views: 21
  • 2020-05-22_07.49.54.png
    2020-05-22_07.49.54.png
    132 KB · Views: 18
  • 2020-05-21_00.50.52.png
    2020-05-21_00.50.52.png
    258.4 KB · Views: 18

Sprite

Citizen
Donator
The defendant has since changed the name of his company. As such, we'd like to dismiss this case.

Tree60NoScope

Citizen
Donator
At the request of the Plaintiff, the case will be dismissed

Court Dismissed

This case was presided by Judge Tree60NoScope

Status
Not open for further replies.