xLayzur's Election Post - September 2020

xlayzur

Citizen
Donator
I, xlayzur will be running for parliament. Its an honor to join this election and bring more changes to businesscraft that'll benefit the citizens of BC.

To start off, my name is xlayzur. I have been in this community for, 4 months now. I noticed a lot of growth and change within this time period. I am extremely active in-game and in discord, i keep up with economy discussions and political discussions as much as i can to further understand how players feel about situations happening. As a Member of Parliament it is best to hear out the players to make a change.

My experience as MP was short but ive learned a lot. I tried my best to bring reason and different perspectives to parliament on different bills. My time was short as MP but with more time i plan on bringing more changes. Ive noticed other MP's go off of there personal agenda. Id rather focus on what the players want.

Bills I plan on creating:
  • Solo mandate
  • Government Efficiency Bill Edit
  • Predatory Pricing
  • Copyright law
These are the only laws i want to push the most as of right now. More will come in time.
Thank you for reading my election post, remember vote xLayzur "Carrying BC to the future"
upload_2020-9-8_21-53-56.png

Last edited:

xlayzur

Citizen
Donator
Can you elaborate more on the details of your bills?

Solo Mandate Bill: Similar to MP's not being able to be a minister or judge. Not letting a individual having two minister positions, also includes Prime Minister and Department Minister. The reason why this is bad is because it could bring bias opinions on bills toward the department also a good example is Prime Minister and DoC Minister Luxaholic. Not saying hes been making bias decisions, but he has two powerful positions. I would prefer having different faces in cabinet. Especially because he went MIA, leaving PM and DoC minister position inactive.

Government Efficiency bill edit: Right now it stands at one month, in my opinion this is still way to long to hear back for a job position. I know some ministers just like to slack it out and wait till last minute keeping players waiting. Id like to change it to, two weeks. Ministers have already broken the one month and one body enforces it, so id like to create warning points for ministers who keep getting away with there misbehavior.

Predatory pricing: This one is tricky and its been something I've been researching for over a month. A main reason why the value of items have gone down is because players are going off of business competition, that's fine but they go to extreme by reducing prices by 50%. Which basically drives companies out of business because customers are attracted to cheaper prices. Company A sells sand for 75kr, but then Company B sells sand for 25kr. Clearly Company A will lose customers and go out of business.

Copyright law: There is not a copyright law as of right now, so basically anyone could copy any product or item a company sells without punishment. Creation of this would actually be able to give players to sell permission to there product, etc.

Last edited:

Windows_Dog

Microsoft Replay
Staff member
Administrator
Department of Internal Development
Department of Public Affairs
Lawyer
Donator
Windows_Dog
Windows_Dog
CommunityCoordinator
Hey xlayzur, I have some questions regarding your bills you want to propose.

Solo Mandate Bill: Similar to MP's not being able to be a minister or judge. Not letting a individual having two minister positions, also includes Prime Minister and Department Minister. The reason why this is bad is because it could bring bias opinions on bills toward the department also a good example is Prime Minister and DoC Minister Luxaholic. Not saying hes been making bias decisions, but he has two powerful positions. I would prefer having different faces in cabinet. Especially because he went MIA, leaving PM and DoC minister position inactive.
So you basically want that Cabinet members can't be Prime Minister? Well, Yes! Anyone can be a Prime Minister but it will be nice for someone who knows Cabinet rather than a player outside to communicate with his team. At the end of the day, it's up to the Prime Minister to choose their Cabinet and for Cabinet to be comfortable for a player to represent them and lead.

Government Efficiency bill edit: Right now it stands at one month, in my opinion this is still way to long to hear back for a job position. I know some ministers just like to slack it out and wait till last minute keeping players waiting. Id like to change it to, two weeks. Ministers have already broken the one month and one body enforces it, so id like to create warning points for ministers who keep getting away with there misbehavior.
The reason why it was put to 1 month is that player's real life is obviously more important then their in-game life. So whenever during exams or projects, it's obviously true for players to put their 100% attention on their assessments rather than in-game. Yes, 1 month may seem like a long time but whether its preparation for an assignment or studying for an exam, time flies quickly and you need every last second of it. So I personally don't like about the time for ministers to get back to applicants shorter than it already is. Though I would want to know, how will the bill be written, and with what clauses will it be made as an exemption?

Predatory pricing: This one is tricky and its been something I've been researching for over a month. A main reason why the value of items have gone down is because players are going off of business competition, that's fine but they go to extreme by reducing prices by 50%. Which basically drives companies out of business because customers are attracted to cheaper prices. Company A sells sand for 75kr, but then Company B sells sand for 25kr. Clearly Company A will lose customers and go out of business.
How exactly would you enforce this? Yes pricing are going down but at the end of the day its a Supply and Demand game, if you have something that everyone needs obviously you will sell it at a price where it satisfies the business owner and the buyer. This is why business owners sells things cheaper as it is a supply and demand type situation. This is quite similar to how in real life, if you see a product in Company A but in Company B the same product is cheaper, Company A can either match the price found in Company B or beat it by 10%.

Copyright law: There is not a copyright law as of right now, so basically anyone could copy any product or item a company sells without punishment. Creation of this would actually be able to give players to sell permission to there product, etc.
Again, how will you enforce it? What happens in this situation of let's say Banner designs, how will you prove that one player did it first and the second player copied it? It's difficult to prove cause Minecraft has ultimately limited variations and something like intellectual property will be hard to prove with this limitation.

Also, I'm not trying to demoralize you and say that your bill propositions are bad, I just want to know the logistics behind it, but I can see how most if not all of these bills will help the server and how you will enforce some of these bills.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and you can reply to any of my questions.

xlayzur

Citizen
Donator
@Windows_Dog Thank you for the feedback!

Predatory pricing, like i stated i am still in the process of researching how to execute this perfectly to perform well within businesscraft. Predatory pricing is the act of a company setting prices so low to the point it kicks out other companies for competition basically forming a monopoly.

Copyright law, yes certain things would clearly be removed from this like banner designs. I am only talking about Official Company names and custom company named products.

Solo Mandate: I am not saying lets have some random as Prime Minister. If MP's and Judges cant be Ministers, why should some be Prime Minister and a department minister? If that PM and department minister goes MIA, both responsibilities are left empty till that person comes back. I am aware Deputy Prime Minister exists but when was the last time that was in play? Personally i dont think its fair either, if someone is prime minister they should resign from there department minister position and hand it down to the one who deserves it in that department.

Government Efficiency Bill, totally understand where you are coming from. I know for a fact in the past this wasn't the reason for a few applications. Even currently standing at one month the law is still being broken, and it has been broken so many times and yet no punishments. A lot of others would agree to see this reduced to at least two weeks.

I dont want to give away to much detail on my bills i am working on due to the possibility of my ideas being stolen.

Windows_Dog

Microsoft Replay
Staff member
Administrator
Department of Internal Development
Lawyer
Donator
Windows_Dog
Windows_Dog
CommunityCoordinator
Thank you xlayzur for taking your time to write your reply.

Predatory pricing, like i stated i am still in the process of researching how to execute this perfectly to perform well within businesscraft. Predatory pricing is the act of a company setting prices so low to the point it kicks out other companies for competition basically forming a monopoly.
That is fair, take your time into researching this, and as I've said, I'm interested in seeing how this bill will play out.

Copyright law, yes certain things would clearly be removed from this like banner designs. I am only talking about Official Company names and custom company named products.
If I'm not mistaken, Company names have some clause that protects them "Your company’s name can’t be purposefully similar to another one;" but I can understand custom company products that would need protection.

Solo Mandate: I am not saying lets have some random as Prime Minister. If MP's and Judges cant be Ministers, why should some be Prime Minister and a department minister? If that PM and department minister goes MIA, both responsibilities are left empty till that person comes back. I am aware Deputy Prime Minister exists but when was the last time that was in play? Personally i dont think its fair either, if someone is prime minister they should resign from there department minister position and hand it down to the one who deserves it in that department.
Aight, I understand your points on this so quite intrigued on how this bill will turn out.

Government Efficiency Bill, totally understand where you are coming from. I know for a fact in the past this wasn't the reason for a few applications. Even currently standing at one month the law is still being broken, and it has been broken so many times and yet no punishments. A lot of others would agree to see this reduced to at least two weeks.
Instead of reducing time, why don't you introduce "warning points" instead? Have Parliament determine whether a point needs to be given to Ministers not approving/denying applicants and like have a "3-strike and you're out" system.

Once again thank you for taking your time to reply and Best of luck for the election!

violetunknown

Your Friendly Neighborhood Trash Panda
Speaker of the Parliament
Member of Parliament
Lawyer
Donator
violetunknown
violetunknown
Speaker of Parliament
Good luck Mr. Mathy!!

Kairuchii

Moderator x Constructor
Donator
predatory pricing is not a problem honestly. No business can sustain that its either they go back to reasonable pricing or they go bankrupt. Some business do markdown prices due to supply and demand but its not predatory pricing its marketing. If government bodies keep on regulating businesses how can there be a raw competition towards each other.