Answered / Added Delaying the Reselling of Plots to Moderators

Block86

Citizen
- Username:Block86
- Suggestion Title:Delaying the Reselling of Plots to Moderators
- Elaborate (Why do you think it should be added, how will it improve the server, etc.): Okay, This server has a complicated history when it comes to acquiring land in the Capital City. It has been found that some past mods abused their power and were able to report, vault and buy land in one swoop. I know we already have the Sherlock accords in place, but to guarantee that this trend is no longer going on, I believe that there should be a cool down instated on moderators so that they must wait at least 24 hours before buying land that has recently been vaulted and put into reselling mode. I want to be clear and say that this doesn't prevent mods from buying land, it just is intended to prevent them having the upper hand when competing for new land.
- Does this require the installation of a new plugin (Yes/No): maybe, probably not
- If you answered Yes on the previous question, please link the plugin (Leave blank if you answered No):
- Additional Information: I know the Sherlock Accords already cover this, but please inform me if any law specifically targets this issue.

Dopper

Citizen
Banned
Donator
I remember like a few months ago when I was in westridge, and one of the Council members or something told me my plot wasn't ok, so I had to sell it off, and right after they bought it lmao.

A1phaSniper

The Airplane Guy
Donator
I think 24 hours is a little long especially for the sale of a plot. I've seen those things sold within a few hours. If we were to do this, a timeline of maybe 2-3 hours seems a little fairer. We also have to think about the fact that moderators volunteered for this position, and it seems a little unfair if we were to take away their basic rights. I can see the benefits of reducing corruption, but you have to trust them a little bit. They didn't get to where they are without showing a little maturity.

Block86

Citizen
I think 24 hours is a little long especially for the sale of a plot. I've seen those things sold within a few hours. If we were to do this, a timeline of maybe 2-3 hours seems a little fairer. We also have to think about the fact that moderators volunteered for this position, and it seems a little unfair if we were to take away their basic rights. I can see the benefits of reducing corruption, but you have to trust them a little bit. They didn't get to where they are without showing a little maturity.

To be honest I didn't even really consider staff generally having a higher level of maturity and the 24 hour period is really long. Now I'm starting to second guess this suggestion because it retrospect it is pretty unnecessary.

Johnnyboi12345

Citizen
Donator
I remember like a few months ago when I was in westridge, and one of the Council members or something told me my plot wasn't ok, so I had to sell it off, and right after they bought it lmao.
that was the city council they just happened to be mods.

SlimeEmperor

Mayor of Covington
Donator

I believe (or at least I would hope) Sherlock Accords would apply here because the city of Westridge is government owned.