Lawsuit: Adjourned Magic_Dino v. Department of Agriculture

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sprite

Citizen
Donator
Your honor, my name is Squatters, and on behalf of the Forsyth Law Co., I am representing Magic_Dino in this court case.

A few days ago, an Environment Manager found a cat in the wild owned by SteeledApple. The cat was hanging from a fence post in the air with a lead attached to it. The cat was promptly illegally seized by the Department of Agriculture and unlawful punishments were levied onto my client, Magic_Dino, and his friend SteeledApple.

What my client was punished for was not illegal. Although arguably immoral, what they did was not against any law in place at the time. The environment managers on at the time claimed what he did was made illegal under the Animal Abuse Bill-- yet the only parameters set in that bill were the sizes of the pens that animals were entitled to, and penalties for lack of supervision. There was no law against what my client did, yet they were still punished.

Moreover, there is no established law that allows any Government Departments to simply ban people from entering certain premises. If such behavior is allowed to proceed, it sets a dangerous precedent where the Government can legally prevent people from entering certain areas or restricting their abilities to do things Government-related on this server, even if the people being punished didn't commit a crime. That is a serious infringement of basic rights people should have on this server, even if there's no legal backing to said rights.

The Department of Agriculture has clearly overstepped its boundaries here. SteeledApple's cat was illegally seized, and Magic_Dino is banned from the shelter for simply building the gallows. They're no longer allowed to be in the animal shelter or to even adopt an animal. And above all, they were punished for a phantom crime.

My client is asking that:
- SteeledApple76's cat is returned to him
- Magic_Dino & SteeledApple76's bans from the Animal Shelter are lifted
- Magic_Dino & SteeledApple76's bans from adopting animals are lifted
- 250 krunas be granted to their personal balances for their troubles.

Tree60NoScope

Citizen
Donator
As sitting judge, I open this case. I call upon a representative from the government to defend the actions of the DoA

HybridPlague

yes
Donator
HybridPlague
HybridPlague
Tier4
Your honor, I, HybridPlague, will be representing the Department of Agriculture for this case.

As mentioned, the players Magic_Dino and SteeledApple76 had their cat retrieved from the wilderness and placed in the animal shelter. Along with that, they also have been banned from the animal shelter, which includes revoking the privilege of adopting animals from the animal shelter. These actions were not illegally performed as the location in which the cat was taken from was not in a protected region and, from my knowledge, had not pet ownership data attached to the cat. While the actions done do the cat prior to the DoA taking the cat in were not considered illegal by written law, it was still very immoral, so we felt it was right to bring the cat to the animal shelter, for it to later be given to a better owner and a safer home.

While there are no laws that give Government Departments the ability to ban people from entering certain premises, we in the DoA have a clear statement, found here, that gives us the ability to refuse service to players if they are deemed unfit (this more goes back to you stating this as an unlawful punishment). As for the banning from entering the animal shelter, this decision was not made immediately on the day of the incident. It was, however, made a day, or more, after when Magic_Dino began to bother the EMs constantly about the incident, complaining about the ban, instead of being reasonable. Shortly after, Windows_Dog, a Police Officer, was called into the scene to further settle the situation down. This, in the end, resulted in Windows_Dog to declare the banning of entering the premises as it would be trespassing. If need be, Windows_Dog can step in to provide chat logs of one of the incidences in which he told Magic_Dino to step off for trespassing.

Thank you.

Tree60NoScope

Citizen
Donator
I request from both parties a screenshot of the cage that held the cat. Additionally provide me with logs of the incident at the shelter.

Windows_Dog may take this time to give a personal statement if he wishes.

As for Trespassing, the law states "Trespassing on private property in town/city limits and government facilities is illegal;" and as such it is very possible for the plaintiff to be barred. It may be questioned if the DoA has the power to do so.

I do not accept your link stating that the DoA has the power to withhold adoptions as it has no legal backing. However, animal adoption is not a right and as such may be withheld at the discretion of the DoA.

With that said, I ask the defense to clarify if the animal shelter is explicitly under the DoA's control and not the government, notably cabinet.

Additionally, I request any party with information on adoption data of the cat to make a statement.

Finally, the defense must make an itemized list for the reasons of banning Magic and Steeled. After which the Plaintiff may make a rebuttal or defer.

Tree60NoScope

Citizen
Donator
Due to neither party giving a response, I request an activity response declaring the intent of each party to continue this case. Otherwise it will be closed with no actions taken.

Sprite

Citizen
Donator
I misread what you said, and I will ask my client for a picture if he has one. My apologies. My client intends to continue, but does not have a picture of the cat.

Last edited:

Tree60NoScope

Citizen
Donator
Due to the lack of response from the DoA, This case will be adjourned in the plaintiff's favor. They are to be unbanned from the animal shelter, granted 250kr, and given a cat.

Court Adjourned

This case was presided by Judge Tree60NoScope

Status
Not open for further replies.