Answered / Added Road Stuff

catfriedrice

Citizen
- Username: catfriedrice
- Suggestion Title: Road Stuff
- Elaborate (Why do you think it should be added, how will it improve the server, etc.): This is more of an aesthetic option that might help all cities look a little more modern. If you drive around (now that cars are back) you'll know this city has beautiful looking buildings and outdated roadways and signs. I've traveled out and seen discrepancies in street names (there are two different 4th streets) and expressways signs (is it I-74 or I-10? and there is no Fairbanks anymore), ugly expressway mountain cuts (no decoration, just cut through rock with caves, veins, and etc intact), no shoulders/barriers in places where the road drops off, etc. I think it's time to update, and I believe we should give consideration to the Road Stuff plug-in. Currently the plug-in is updated to 1.15.2, adds Asphalt, Asphalt slabs (get rid of those netherbrick slabs), guardrails, cones, and painted stripes/arrows/reflectors. Signs are coming soon. It does come with one drawback, asphalt requires a new material that gets added with the mod, it will be impossible to find given the current map and may require creative or purchase in a shop. It will keep people from making it for their own towns/homes/etc or as decor/parking lots/etc without government assistance.
2019-10-23_17.png

- Does this require the installation of a new plugin (Yes/No): Yes
- If you answered Yes on the previous question, please link the plugin (Leave blank if you answered No): https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/road-stuff or http://www.9minecraft.net/road-stuff-2-mod/. The later says it has signs, the first says they are in the works.
- Additional Information: This won't fix all streetname signs, expressway signs, or any of the highway's exterior designs, that would need be manually done. it might be worth thinking of adding a Highway Superintendent or give someone an opportunity/bid to do so given the addition of this would require extensive rework that will require a lot of time.
I did search but did not find if anyone has suggested this before.
Same creator also has an Embellishcraft mod that adds interior items like tables, couches, beds, etc. I haven't tested it to see what it offers, so it's not included in the suggestion

Last edited: