Something no one asked for

HybridPlague

yes
Donator
HybridPlague
HybridPlague
Tier4
Hello! Your least favorite person here, or someone you've never heard of before. I've felt the need to publicly state something, something that no one really requested or cares to know about. My resignation and low activity on the server!

To start this off, I want to address a big factor that I have seen occur over and over with many players; toxicity. This server is great -- the administration is amazing, and server-side experience is fascinating; however, the community that resides within the server is not that welcoming. Over the course of countless weeks, people have shown high levels of toxicity, immaturity, and various other negative emotions among one another. No one likes this.

Oftentimes, it's always those that ask the million dollar question, "Why are so many people leaving?" that are part of the cause.

"Why does (name) not play here anymore?" Because they probably don't want to anymore after the way they've seen people behave. They refuse to be apart or around it, and personally, I don't blame them.

Things were amazing back in late 2017 - early 2018. Everyone was more peaceful and friendly with each other. Nowadays, you cannot make one joke or even hit someone without being at risk of being reported or threatened to be reported. It's fucked up! You guys need to calm down, it's just a game.

Putting all of that aside, I want to point out that you guys that are into the political side of the server also need to calm down a little bit. You're acting like this is real life. I understand fully that this server is supposed to be based on real life in certain aspects, but not all of it has to be! After-all, this is, I say again, just a game. There's no need to start throwing personal attacks at people just for pointing out flaws or bringing up something you highly disagree with. Instead of going into a conversation with someone, or multiple people, do not do it while heated. That just brings us all back to what I mentioned earlier about the toxicity. If politics become full of die-hards, then that's only going to cause major stress to those just trying to enjoy their time on the server, as well as to those that have to moderate the chats to assure you're all following guidelines.

You know who you all are, so just stop. We don't like it when you're acting this way. All that you're accomplishing here is pushing everyone that once found enjoyment away. Seriously though, open your eyes and ears, listen to everyone you see leave due to bad experiences. You might learn something.

This is all based on personal experience, from what I've seen come out of people. This also is the big reason to why I've stepped down from Administrator, for those that were wondering.

With all of that said and done, I want to finally bring up my activity and plans for being on the server. For the next few weeks, I'll pop in and out of the server mostly during the night time (8pm - 10pm CST). I'm backing away to get back with myself and to spend time with friends, as well as getting caught up and stay focused on school. After time has past, I'll either finally be gone from this server, or try to return to my previous positions in months time. That is, if I'll be allowed.

It's truly been a blessing to have the countless opportunities to be apart of everything and to have grown closer to the friends I have. My PMs are always open on discord if anyone would like to have a chat.

iRealistic

For Real?
Donator
I agree with what you say about the politics 100%, in fact i agree with the whole dam post. Do what you think is necessary bro! You are a great friend of mine, never forget that. I've Had similar thoughts too..., and i'm also guilty of some, if not all of what you said.

A1phaSniper

The Airplane Guy
Donator
Things were amazing back in late 2017 - early 2018. Everyone was more peaceful and friendly with each other. Nowadays, you cannot make one joke or even hit someone without being at risk of being reported or threatened to be reported. It's fucked up! You guys need to calm down, it's just a game.
I thought I was the only one who thought this! (soooo true)
nevertheless, SOLDIERS SAAAALUTE

Gettnate

Citizen
Donator
I also agree with you and it was well said. It needed to be said. I noticed a huge difference myself from my time at Dec 2017-Dec 2018 vs me coming back a year later now at Dec 2019. It is unfortunate. I wish you well on your next journey and thank you for being a good friend to me and others during your time at BC. The good ol' gang will miss you.